DevinOlson's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Local Guide Summit 2017!!

Dear fellow Google Guides,
Help our glorious company, Google, select me to be one of the one hundred and fifty *Local Guides* to visit the beautiful bay city of San Fransico!! The very city home to the chinese underground, Alcatraz island, and of course the beautiful "Golden Gate Bridge" along with many other historic and fascination people, places, and history to uncover! I am currently residing in Great Falls, Montana and have been traveling a bit since I've started contributing to Google Maps but with my wife and I pregnant with a little girl due in Feburary 2018 our budget has been sliced in half. It gets to be a bit boring sitting at home watching the same old subscription applications (Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, etc.) dreaming of visiting conferences, get togethers, and the very places here close to home. I solemnly swear if we as a community can make this happen that I will raise my daughter, Charlotte-Aurora Taylor-Diana Olson, to always contribute to Google Maps (or Google Mars) every single opportunity she gets to help improve the experience of using a Google developed product for ALL of humankind. 
Best of luck and best regards,

Devin M. Olson: Great Falls, Montana Contributer

(And hopefully one day THE UNIVERSE or at least the planet Earth)

United States
4 comments
Level 10

Re: Local Guide Summit 2017!!

@DevinOlson unfortunately, the application window for the Local Guides summit was closed several months ago, and all of the selected attendees notified. 

Please continue to watch your registered e-mail as well as here on Local Guides Connect, as there will be updates from the 2017 summit (which occurs next week). Also, keep contributing and watch for applications for the 2018 Summit. If they follow the pattern as this year, the applications opened in early April, with the decisions made and participants notified by the end of May.  

M. W. Jones -- Former Map Maker Regional Lead, United States
Level 9

hai I am KARTHIK i willin local guide in lst fie month now i reach the leavel 6 but  cant reach my Local guide batch and T shirt .... Then main importent question in what is the Benifit of Local guide for me

Level 6

Good evening @KarthikAnand,
The benefits of contributing to the Google Maps community and being a local guide is not what you receive from it but the assistance you give to the Google Maps developers with some information and technical bugs and more importantly the information you provide helps visitors to your region find where they are going as well as inform even the locals of the great gems that each town and city has by highlighting the smaller (mom and pop) shops that may have otherwise been looked over. Ask not what Google can do for you, but what can you do for your community and others. (Not JFK)
Thanks for asking though,
Devin M. Olson 
P.S. I don't know about t-shirts but the badges can been seen next your profile image on your Google+ Profile and other places including the Local Guide community which I recommend joining. Also since you are a level 6 contributor now you should check your GMail for periodic gifts like previously I received three free months of digital access to the NY Times.
Hoped this helped.

Level 9

Good evening@DevinOlson

Thankyou for your information now i can reach the leavel six with no gift can not receive for me the thankyou for your Information