RaghavA's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Local Guide Profiles and contributions on maps

Hi All,

I am new on the forum and have a few questions.

Is there a way to see the local guide's profile e.g. a search functionality where someone can see my profile and my contributions on google maps?

If yes then where can I see that?

Thanks.

6 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 9
Solution

Re: Local Guide Profiles and contributions on maps

@RaghavA Sorry for not answering directly to your question.

Connect doesn't explicitly interface with google maps it seems. So it's not surprising not to see anything related to your contribution to google maps in connect. This targets on how guides can connect and help each others and build up a global community that shares similar passion

View solution in original post

Level 9

@RaghavA Yes you can but not a very detailed description. If you click on the hyperlink on my name, you can see my recent activities, badges earned etc. I have attached how your profile is shown to me as a viewer. I hope it helps.

Capture.JPG

Level 9

@SumuduH wrote:

@RaghavA Yes you can but not a very detailed description. If you click on the hyperlink on my name, you can see my recent activities, badges earned etc. I have attached how your profile is shown to me as a viewer. I hope it helps.

Capture.JPG

Thanks @SumuduH.

I am actually looking for the maps contributions.

This profile does not show what one has contributed on the maps. 🙂

Anyway, thanks for your response.

Level 9
Solution

@RaghavA Sorry for not answering directly to your question.

Connect doesn't explicitly interface with google maps it seems. So it's not surprising not to see anything related to your contribution to google maps in connect. This targets on how guides can connect and help each others and build up a global community that shares similar passion

Level 10

Hi @RaghavA it's up to any user to show contributions in signature, in example, as I do; as @SumuduH wrote, there is no direct link between LGC profile and Maps Contributor profile.

I will fill a feedback request, not sure was asked before.

Level 8

Hi @RaghavA and @LucioV

Actually I found only one way to get the LG profile from the LGC forum.

If you create a meetup, then at the RSVP section you can check the attendees. By opening this menu each participant has a link to his/her LG profile.

e.g. one my example:

LGC-LG.png

Level 10