AbuSayed's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Let me clear about....

What is the difference between "APPROVED" and "NOT APPLIED" status of my edit? 

Bangladesh
4 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Let me clear about....

Hey @AbuSayed - just to add a bit to what @LukeChaffey said - "Approved" means your submission has been accepted and the changes are now reflected on the location that you edited. "Not applied" means your edit didn't pass the check that Google did to ensure that the information provided is correct, and therefore there's no change made to the location.

View solution in original post

Level 7

@AbuSayed wrote:

What is the difference between "APPROVED" and "NOT APPLIED" status of my edit? 

Hey @AbuSayed,

I would imagine that,

"Approved" would mean that the edit you've made has been given the go ahead, and changed on the listing, whereas

"Not Applied" would mean that the edit you've made hasn't been used.

Connect Moderator
Solution

Hey @AbuSayed - just to add a bit to what @LukeChaffey said - "Approved" means your submission has been accepted and the changes are now reflected on the location that you edited. "Not applied" means your edit didn't pass the check that Google did to ensure that the information provided is correct, and therefore there's no change made to the location.

Level 8

So how can I get rid of this "NOT APPLIED" problem? 

Connect Moderator

@AbuSayed There is no exact way to prevent the 'Not applied' from happening. That just means Google hasn't received a clear signal that your submission is 100% correct. Google uses a combination of machine logic and human check to determine whether a submission is valid or not, and it's not always correct. The best thing we can do is to make sure our submission to be as accurate as possible. If the system determine that it can't be applied, do not be disheartened.

For more info you can check the following article:

Why is my edit status Pending or Not Applied?