Matchbox20th's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

LG 360 Cam stitching visible

Hello, I own a LG360 cam. The camera works fine but the only big problem is stitching, which is actually pretty seamless straight from the camera, is readily visible once it's been edited. How to overcome it? i have tried all other photoediting tools like photoshop and all, but problem stays. any suggestion? tricks?

3 comments
Level 9

Re: LG 360 Cam stitching visible

Hi, I am also using LG 360 camera. I recently got invited as trusted photographer using it.

Yes the stitching error is visible sometimes and I think it's the software stitching error because you don't always get the stitching error, means there's a bug,

@Matchbox20th wrote:

Hello, I own a LG360 cam. The camera works fine but the only big problem is stitching, which is actually pretty seamless straight from the camera, is readily visible once it's been edited. How to overcome it? i have tried all other photoediting tools like photoshop and all, but problem stays. any suggestion? tricks?

which I hope can get fixed (you can help also by addressing this to LG forum or support which i did).

my current advice for you is to check after each shots. Make sure photos stitch perfectly. I find that if there's any error, changing camera positioning usually solves the problem.

Level 10

Hi @Matchbox20th and @SamuelEdyson

I find that the more visible stitching seams appear when in the same photo sphere, the lighting conditions on one side are very different than on the other side. Say there is a lighter side and a darker one. 

In this case, if you turn the camera so that one lense is turned in the direction of the light side and the other to the dark side, the two pictures will have considerably different lighting conditions and the seam is more apparent. 

Try to turn 90 degrees so that both the front and back side of the camera equally "share" some light and some dark areas and hopefully the stitching seam will get somewhat reduced.

Level 9

@petocsaba wrote:

Hi @Matchbox20th and @SamuelEdyson

I find that the more visible stitching seams appear when in the same photo sphere, the lighting conditions on one side are very different than on the other side. Say there is a lighter side and a darker one. 

In this case, if you turn the camera so that one lense is turned in the direction of the light side and the other to the dark side, the two pictures will have considerably different lighting conditions and the seam is more apparent. 

Try to turn 90 degrees so that both the front and back side of the camera equally "share" some light and some dark areas and hopefully the stitching seam will get somewhat reduced.

Hi @Csaba

If you do that, you will get very visible gradiant change of low light from one lens and bright light from the other lens, which is quite dominant. But is that the reason for stitching errors? I usually also try to take 2 different shots with each consisting of 1 automatic lights and another manual lights (high ISO and low shutter speed) for HDRI dynamic editing.