SubrataD's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 1

Irrelevant Image on a location

Hi.

I am Subrata, in google map, i point a location and after some days it is approved. I am no added photo. but anyone adds a photo but the problem is this image are not related to this location. please help me how I improve this. 

10 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Irrelevant Image on a location

@SubrataD hi 

Thanks for your query ...

If u see this kind of irrelevant photos on maps .. u can make report to the maps team  for remove this .. 

follow me for .... 

Report a problemReport a problemphoto report 02.JPG

Level 1

I follow this step and already report. Do I want to ask you when it is changed? 

thanks for the response 🙂 

@MD ShafiulB wrote:

@SubrataD hi 

Thanks for your query ...

If u see this kind of irrelevant photos on maps .. u can make report to the maps team  for remove this .. 

follow me for .... 

Report a problemReport a problemphoto report 02.JPG

Connect Moderator

U may get a email notification when your report is accepted by google ..

Level 1

Thank you

Level 6

I have submitted requests such as that and it was not processed for a couple of weeks at least. I think it was processed eventually but I did not receive email notification.

Businesses like to submit photos that make their business look good but are not of their business at all. For those that are very clearly wrong I submit a request to get them deleted but I have given up trying, it is too much work and the people that should care seem to not care.

Level 9

@SamuelCalifornia I share your frustration as I see realtors abusing the system in my area frequently. At least they moved the complaint option from the lower right of the map view in 2 point font to somewhere slightly more obvious. 

Level 9
Level 9

@MD ShafiulB wrote:

U may get a email notification when your report is accepted by google ..

I have reported and removed hundreds of images and never received an email, have you ever had an email notification?

Connect Moderator

Hi all. Yes the best way if you see an inappropriate image is to report them. However, you won't necessarily receive an email regarding the decision. If the image is actually violating rules, it will be removed eventually.

Level 7

Report it to google.

Google team may request the person concern to remove such un related image of a location

@SubrataD wrote:

Hi.

I am Subrata, in google map, i point a location and after some days it is approved. I am no added photo. but anyone adds a photo but the problem is this image are not related to this location. please help me how I improve this. 

@SubrataD wrote:

Hi.