FaridTDF's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Incrustar un mapa en un Post

Hoy vi con grata sorpresa que se podía incrustar un mapa en un post, aquí en Connect, esto lo podemos hacer todos. Cuál es el html, para poder realizarlo. Ya que es una gran posibilidad de hacer a Connect más interactivo, cuando hablamos (escribimos). A mi, que me gusta realizar mapas de recorridos y compartirlos, no tendría que derivar  con un link externo a los lectores del post, esto es algo que G+ no tiene y es una gran fortaleza.

IMG_6171.JPG

Saludos Farid

8 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 10
Solution

Re: Incrustar un mapa en un Post

Hi @FaridTDF

Once you are zoomed into the region you wish to embed, click on the hamburger menu at the top left and click on "Share or embed map" (Compartir o insertar el mapa). A popup will open where select "embed" (insertar). There you will see the preview of your embedded map with a link of an iframe above. That's what you need to embed into a html document. Here is my example (posted in the code tag so you can read the html but my iframe won't be embedded here) *

<iframe src="https://www.google.com/maps/embed?pb=!1m10!1m8!1m3!1d11072.07606397634!2d18.2213801!3d46.070662!3m2!1i1024!2i768!4f13.1!5e0!3m2!1sen!2shu!4v1487862205022" width="600" height="450" frameborder="0" style="border:0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

* Now there is another thing on LGC: only Google Employees and Google Moderators (like yourself) may embed iframes. Iframes may be dangerous if a malicious website is embedded (just imagine a phishing website asking for your Google Account details making you think it is on this very website here). So I agree that not everyone can embed iframes but you can so please, go ahead and enjoy playing around with it.

View solution in original post

Level 10
Solution

Hi @FaridTDF

Once you are zoomed into the region you wish to embed, click on the hamburger menu at the top left and click on "Share or embed map" (Compartir o insertar el mapa). A popup will open where select "embed" (insertar). There you will see the preview of your embedded map with a link of an iframe above. That's what you need to embed into a html document. Here is my example (posted in the code tag so you can read the html but my iframe won't be embedded here) *

<iframe src="https://www.google.com/maps/embed?pb=!1m10!1m8!1m3!1d11072.07606397634!2d18.2213801!3d46.070662!3m2!1i1024!2i768!4f13.1!5e0!3m2!1sen!2shu!4v1487862205022" width="600" height="450" frameborder="0" style="border:0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

* Now there is another thing on LGC: only Google Employees and Google Moderators (like yourself) may embed iframes. Iframes may be dangerous if a malicious website is embedded (just imagine a phishing website asking for your Google Account details making you think it is on this very website here). So I agree that not everyone can embed iframes but you can so please, go ahead and enjoy playing around with it.

Level 10

Hm. I replied to this post - @YK1001 even kudoed for it - and now my reply disappeared. 

Level 8

That was me.  I read your disappeared reply.

But need @TraciC to see why .  

Connect Moderator

Gracias @Csaba, es correcto lo indicado por ti, de hecho me llego el correo con toda su respuesta y lo leí primero allí, que aquí.

MailMail

Regresando al tema, comparto con tigo que es un tema sencible el incrustar iframe en Connect, pero bueno tenía que existir una ventaja ser Moderador jejejej , así podré jugar con esta opción tan linda que brindan.

Saludos Farid

Level 10

Thanks @FaridTDF a lot. For letting me know I am not an idiot (not remembering what I wrote) and also confirmi9ng I did respond correctly (I hope). 

Anyway, please, keep experimenting. I know what I would be doing on a self hosted site (where I am free to post any html and css I want) so that embedded iframes look perfect but here this is not possible. 

Level 10

Ah, and thanks, @YK1001, for the "solution". Unfortunately, unless @FaridTDF had quoted my post, it would now have no use for the community (which, I believe, is the most important with such forums)

Former Google Contributor

Hi guys, I solved the issue with @Csaba's missing post 🙂

Local Guides Community Program Manager
Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.
Level 10

Hi @LuisRG, thanks a lot!

Can you tell us what the problem was? This is not the first time it happens to me - and as I noticed, every time it happened editing my own post was involved.