TimA's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 4

Incorrect (spam) URL

I often see objects of nature or landmarks that have URL of some tourist organization or rent a car, for example. However, I can not edit the URL of the point, there are not that possibility. Also, there is no correct item in the "report a problem" menu. What to do?

Latest example: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ao+Nang+Beach/@8.0328986,98.8187541,618m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0...

13 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Incorrect (spam) URL

@TimA hi 

Some edits or places are so higher quality Because these place are included by Google my Business listing .

So if u want to make correction these places it will published after Google review ... 

Sometime its need to be a high Level user to make a edits, some places ... 

so do more .. increase your level .. 

Stay with us regular ... 

Happy mapping 

Happy guiding ..,.

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator

@TimA HI .. 

thanks for your Feedback...

If u want to make any  correction ..

otherwise u think this place has a wrong information ... 

u can give instant feedback .. by using Suggest an edits option  ..

Just follow me ..

SuggestSuggestcorrectioncorrectionmark reasonmark reason

After submit  it will published after Google review ...... 

For more info .. read this ,,,

Ok try this way ..

Happy mapping ......

Level 4

@ShafiulBThank you! You've right

And in link for Ao Nang beach I can suggest new URL or delete incorrect URL.

But that option available not for all points. For example: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Pasar+Senggol+Gianyar/@-8.5415133,115.3245975,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m...

I can not edit URL there. And report as spam or another reason in standard problem menu is not true.

Connect Moderator
Solution

@TimA hi 

Some edits or places are so higher quality Because these place are included by Google my Business listing .

So if u want to make correction these places it will published after Google review ... 

Sometime its need to be a high Level user to make a edits, some places ... 

so do more .. increase your level .. 

Stay with us regular ... 

Happy mapping 

Happy guiding ..,.

Level 9
Level 9

@TimA wrote:

For example: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Pasar+Senggol+Gianyar/@-8.5415133,115.3245975,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m...

I can not edit URL there. 

I don't know why you were unable to delete that spam url, I just did it and received a 'Success, Published' email

Connect Moderator

@ShafiulB I don't think your answer should be the solution. Another LG was able to edit that location. It might be a bug or that the OP needs some more guidance in editing the website URL.

Connect Moderator

@TimA what happens when you try to edit the Website? How are you doing it? Using the Maps App (if so which platform and do you have the latest version)? 

Connect Moderator

@PaulPavlinovich hi 

If u have more ideas u can share Details ... 

or If the topic author think my replay help him very much he can mark this as a solution .. 

plz be aware where,  there topic author mark his own  irrelevant replay as a solution .

Wrong Access for all local guides .. PLZ give your opinion here .

Connect Moderator

@ShafiulB I already did give more answers and requested more information from the OP. Please read the entire thread. I think your reply probably crossed over my posting.

Level 4

@PaulPavlinovich

It seems that the problem was on my side. Bad connection to the Internet or something with browser. Today, it's all right. Excuse me for the confusion.

Thank you all!