Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

How to take photos of places.

39 comments
Level 9

Re: How to take photos of places.

@Jnjoe M sorry to say but need not mention all Moderators.

I also want to know about it. 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 7

@deepakjhic How do you click snaps.

I mentioned the moderators as they are more experienced than any of us. 

Connect Moderator

Hi @Jnjoe I imagine you're talking about photos of places for Maps. Taking pictures of the outside of a place is usually easy and non confrontational so I will skip that.

When you want to take photos inside here are a few tips for you

• obey any local laws or rules
  • avoid times when the place is full or busy
  • take photos of quiet unoccupied areas
  • using a smaller camera or phone is less confronting than pulling out a big DSLR
  • it can be worth talking to the owner/manager - as they might be willing to let you in a few minutes before they open or a few minutes after they close - this is the best time to do 360 photospheres
  • if the owner needs to know why you're doing the photos show them the Your Contributions tab in the Maps App
  • if you do need to shoot while people are there, just be quick about it as though you own the place - if you're not nervous and do it quickly most people with either not notice or just assume you're a tourist

Hope these tips help you.

Regards

Paul

Level 7

@PaulPavlinovich

Even though I may look like a tourist

😀 people here are not very fond to be photographed. Even when I am taking snaps of shops around residential area. I always shoot around with my smart phone coz anything other than that would be considered flashy. 

Level 9

@Jnjoe wrote:

@deepakjhic How do you click snaps.

I mentioned the moderators as they are more experienced than any of us. 

@Jnjoe Unfortunately I can not explain in words. Sorry please .

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 7

@deepakjhic

No worries I just wanted to know the situation of LG's who are used to the way of mapping. 

Connect Moderator

@Jnjoe I've been shooting Street Photography for many many years (have a look at my g+ profile if you're interested - link is in my signature below) so I don't really worry too much about what people think when I shoot them. For Maps I do try to avoid people for the most part because Maps request that we don't include people or blur their faces.

Level 7

Connect Moderator

You're welcome. Good luck with your photography. Maybe you would like to post some of your photos here?