Shuvams's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

How to take 360 photo in android device?

I want to add 360 images of my locality. But I do not have any relevent device. So how can I capture 360 images in my android device? Please Help. Thank you(in advance)images.png

9 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 10
Solution

Re: How to take 360 photo in android device?

Hi @Shuvams

A device is capable of taking 360 images if it has a gyroscope. Some older and/or lower end devices do not have one so any app that could create 360 photo will not run on it. You can install the SV App on such a device however but won't be able to use its camera function but only share 360 photos that you created elsewhere and imported it into the app. 

I know I have been there with my Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime which looked fancy but lacked this very important feature.

View solution in original post

Level 8

You will need a photosphere program from Play Store, then import the photo into Street View. Sorry I can't recommend any as I use a Samsung Gear 360

Level 5

Hi,

Just download the "Street View" App. It allows you to connect a 360 camera or use the built in camera. Works well on my Android S6.

Level 6

thank you sir. For your advice.

Level 10
Solution

Hi @Shuvams

A device is capable of taking 360 images if it has a gyroscope. Some older and/or lower end devices do not have one so any app that could create 360 photo will not run on it. You can install the SV App on such a device however but won't be able to use its camera function but only share 360 photos that you created elsewhere and imported it into the app. 

I know I have been there with my Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime which looked fancy but lacked this very important feature.

Level 6

thank you @Csaba for your suggestion.

@petocsaba wrote:

Hi @Shuvams

Level 7

Hey, 

Thanks a lot for the response on this. Can you please help me with the link to download the App?

Cheers,

Zalak

Level 6

While taking 360 image we should keep mobile device in horizontal or vertical position? Both positions are possible but what is your suggestion?

Level 7

Honestly, I haven't tried to click horizontally. But I've never been disappointed clicking the picture vertically apart from the quality of the picture (As the camera quality of my cell phone is not that Good).

Also, the nearer you keep the camera to your body, the more perfect stitching it would get you.

Hope this helps 🙂

Level 8

I hope I can give you more kudos, @Tisiman. Your answer must be the solution

I just tried it using my Samsung Galaxy S5, and it works
here is my office: https://goo.gl/maps/N1XFc8eNjLJ2 (not so good stitch, but I will try better)