Chethan1993's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Re: How to get a Job in Google through Google Maps ?

Thank you very much for useful information. 👍

Level 5

@shabarisha wrote:

Hi Mates,

How to get a Job in Google with the help of Google Maps ?

Level 10

@shabarish Two steps:

Level 1

Menggunakan bhs indonesia

@shabarisha wrote:

Hi 

@IvanY wrote:

@shabarish Can you elaborate more?

Local Guides is a volunteer based program, and your involvement is not considered as part of working for Google. There's a small subset of the program that will potentially allow you to earn money through the Trusted Photographer Program. You can learn about it from the following link:

https://www.google.com/streetview/earn/

Otherwise, if you're looking for an employment at Google, go to their career website and search for the positions that you're interested in.

Level 9

Hi Joseph Dewey,

Tried all the ways but couldn't make it possible. Apart from careers tell me any other way.

@Joseph Dewey wrote:

@shabarish Two steps:

Level 10

@shabarish It sounds like you're dedicated. I recommend applying every week, and also increasing your skills every week, too.

Level 9

@shabarish There is no way to get Job through google maps contributing.

One is Professional and another is Volunteery activities 

Connect Moderator

Hi @shabarish

"I tried all the possible ways, In google careers site most of the Jobs are Expecting 5 to 10 years in Relevant Experience"

Google do run summer internships from time to time. You have to get noticed to get into one of those, either head hunted through a course that Google are watching or via the careers link that Lucio shared.

You're right that Google to want relevant experience but so does every employer, my own employer always states that in their positions (clarity: I do not in any way work for Google - these are my own opinions) too. When I interview people I look for capabilities in the person, experience is good, but capabilities are better. If I find someone that I think is worth a chance but they don't have much or any experience then I'll give them a 30 day contract to give them that chance and if they prove to be good then take them on later. I don't know if Google do that but they are a fairly normal employer so I would expect something similar.

I've met people who work for Google in various positions that do not hold a degree, I've met people in their very early 20s so there is no way they have 5 to 10 years of experience.

For your suggestions with Maps there is a mapping forum here on LGC, but the others are right in that the direct forums are probably the best place for suggestions.

If you want exposure to the Local Guides and Mapping teams, the best approach in my opinion is to be an excellent local guide. At the last summit we talked to some of the people who were in Maps division and did a series of ideas workshops with them where they both tried out new ideas on us and asked us if we had new ideas. I spent half an hour on a bus talking with one of the Maps leads and we talked about all sorts of usability issues and my experiences with maps. One of my ideas has appeared in the year since (I'm not going to claim it or name it - I doubt I was the only person who asked for it).

There are some Local Guides who have led quite amazing Map change efforts - recently there was a big effort to establish the location of public toilets in India which was lead initially by a Local Guide. In California @KarenVChin (I think!!) leads an effort to establish disability or person with pram entry point. This effort actually lead to a new question being asked during the visit/review process about disabled access which has rolled out world wide. @DrShaunak leads an effort to document hospitals and medical facilities in India. These are amazing passionate people who take the lead and do what needs to be done and talk until people listen then talk some more. There are always doors open to those that have the courage and temerity to walk through them.

Regards

Paul

Level 9

Worth Reading. I will expand my Thinking capabilities and I will try in all possible ways to get a Job in Google.

Thanks for your suggestions. Keep Inspiring.

@PaulPavlinovich wrote:

Hi @shabarish

"I tried all the possible ways, In google careers site most of the Jobs are Expecting 5 to 10 years in Relevant Experience"

Google do run summer internships from time to time. You have to get noticed to get into one of those, either head hunted through a course that Google are watching or via the careers link that Lucio shared.

You're right that Google to want relevant experience but so does every employer, my own employer always states that in their positions (clarity: I do not in any way work for Google - these are my own opinions) too. When I interview people I look for capabilities in the person, experience is good, but capabilities are better. If I find someone that I think is worth a chance but they don't have much or any experience then I'll give them a 30 day contract to give them that chance and if they prove to be good then take them on later. I don't know if Google do that but they are a fairly normal employer so I would expect something similar.

I've met people who work for Google in various positions that do not hold a degree, I've met people in their very early 20s so there is no way they have 5 to 10 years of experience.

For your suggestions with Maps there is a mapping forum here on LGC, but the others are right in that the direct forums are probably the best place for suggestions.

If you want exposure to the Local Guides and Mapping teams, the best approach in my opinion is to be an excellent local guide. At the last summit we talked to some of the people who were in Maps division and did a series of ideas workshops with them where they both tried out new ideas on us and asked us if we had new ideas. I spent half an hour on a bus talking with one of the Maps leads and we talked about all sorts of usability issues and my experiences with maps. One of my ideas has appeared in the year since (I'm not going to claim it or name it - I doubt I was the only person who asked for it).

There are some Local Guides who have led quite amazing Map change efforts - recently there was a big effort to establish the location of public toilets in India which was lead initially by a Local Guide. In California @KarenVChin (I think!!) leads an effort to establish disability or person with pram entry point. This effort actually lead to a new question being asked during the visit/review process about disabled access which has rolled out world wide. @DrShaunak leads an effort to document hospitals and medical facilities in India. These are amazing passionate people who take the lead and do what needs to be done and talk until people listen then talk some more. There are always doors open to those that have the courage and temerity to walk through them.

Regards

Paul

Level 10

Another suggestion for you, that helped me a lot, have a look to Glassdoors Jobs, you will find TONS of useful resources, from interviews, notes and salary surveys for all the TOP500 and more companies around the world: https://www.glassdoor.com/Interview/rome-account-manager-mf-interview-questions-SRCH_IL.0,4_IC278542...