LuisRG's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Re: How to create My Maps with beautiful custom icons

@LucioV wrote:

Thanks for sharing the mymaps asset file @LuisRG! I usually design my own icons for maps, but this could be very useful as reference! I will share this HowTo in my communities!

Thanks a lot!

Good to know @LucioV! Of course, if you want to give your maps some personality, creating your own assets is a great idea. If you have some more maps, please share them in the Travel and Advice category, I'll add them to the original post here.

Local Guides Community Program Manager
Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.
Level 9

Thanks for sharing @LuisRG. Will share in our community. 🙂

flagnepal acetreks.gif  - Nepal | YouTube
Level 10

@LuisR wrote:

@LucioV wrote:

Thanks for sharing the mymaps asset file @LuisRG! I usually design my own icons for maps, but this could be very useful as reference! I will share this HowTo in my communities!

Thanks a lot!

Good to know @LucioV! Of course, if you want to give your maps some personality, creating your own assets is a great idea. If you have some more maps, please share them in the Travel and Advice category, I'll add them to the original post here.

I'm working on a great map... very vertical... i will share as soon as it's ready!!!

Level 9

@LuisRG Thanks for sharing My Maps tips. I'm always using My maps to mark places and sharing with others. even this is very useful for meet-ups.

Connect Moderator

@LuisRG Thanks for this great topic share !!! 

Me also happy to see one of my map in this list !!!!!

Connect Moderator

Great idea @LuisRG

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 10

@LuisRG thank you so much - we are doing a project that requires custom icons on Google Maps for Google Local Guides Toronto

This will come in very handy?   Do you have a youtube video that shows how to do this?  If not we can create one - let me know.

Sincerely,

Richard Trus

Google Local Guides Toronto

Google Trusted Photographer

Level 8

Will definitely going to create my own my maps @LuisRG

@GauravM wrote:

Will definitely going to create my own my maps @LuisRG

Good to know @mhjn 🙂

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.

Thanks a lot @MadanKPradhan!

@MadanK wrote:

Thanks for sharing @LuisRG. Will share in our community. 🙂