PushpendraKhadka's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

How to Tag desired person in LG connect?

Hello Experts and LG fellows,

How can we tag desired user in post or reply where he/she is not previously engaged?

for example I want to tag street view expert moderator in some post but there are many users with same username, so I can not find desired in list.

@TraciC, @LuisRG, @iyudhi, @ErmesT, @Csaba, @VicL1, @LucioV

Pushpendra nepal Nepal Local Guide | My Contributions
Nepal
10 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 10
Solution

Re: How to Tag desired person in LG connect?

Sorry, there is no immediate way!

The best you can do is use Macro: Click on your profile picture -> My Settings -> Macros -> and create a new macro, copying from a post where are present, the html of the users you want to tag.

Just as example, your name

@PushpendraKhadka in html is:

<li-user login="PushpendraKhadka" uid="13030"></li-user>

So i will create a new macro, called PushpendraKhadka with this code:

dlV5qgs

So when i need to tag you, i can use my Macro 🙂

Hope it helps

P.S. You can create a macro with all the connect moderator tags, then remove those you don't want to tag 😉

View solution in original post

Level 7

@PushpendraKhadka I can see that.

user names.png

To solve this problem user names should be unique;  you can ask this feature on the feature and feedback section. 

Level 10
Solution

Sorry, there is no immediate way!

The best you can do is use Macro: Click on your profile picture -> My Settings -> Macros -> and create a new macro, copying from a post where are present, the html of the users you want to tag.

Just as example, your name

@PushpendraKhadka in html is:

<li-user login="PushpendraKhadka" uid="13030"></li-user>

So i will create a new macro, called PushpendraKhadka with this code:

dlV5qgs

So when i need to tag you, i can use my Macro 🙂

Hope it helps

P.S. You can create a macro with all the connect moderator tags, then remove those you don't want to tag 😉

Level 9

@ZekariasT

thanks for reply, but I was searching for Google moderators, there is not any suggestion for that.

@ZekariasT wrote:

user names.png

To solve this problem user names should be unique;  you can ask this feature on the feature and feedback section. 

Level 9

@LucioV thanks for replying

that is also very good Idea for us who knows some about html tags but that will be very bad Idea for those who are normal LG with out basic html knowledge.
I will surely use this Idea. But in general I am searching and suggesting for better Idea from connect developers team .

Level 7

Level 10

Good question @PushpendraKhadka

We need to find out solution 

@ZekariasT

@PushpendraKhadka wrote:

Hello Experts and LG fellows,

How can we tag desired user in post or reply where he/she is not previously engaged?

for example I want to tag street view expert moderator in some post but there are many users with same username, so I can not find desired in list.

@TraciC, @LuisRG, @iyudhi, @ErmesT, @Csaba, @VicL1, @LucioV

Level 7

I miss understood your question here. What I meant on my first answer was, you can post a new feature under the Feedback-and-Feature-Requests to have unique user names; you dont need any moderator to do this, just go to that section, and start a discussion. 

@PushpendraKhadka wrote:

@ZekariasT

thanks for reply, but I was searching for Google moderators, there is not any suggestion for that.

@ZekariasT wrote:

user names.png

Connect Moderator

Hi @PushpendraKhadka, there is a post where all the Google moderators are introduced. You can copy the link from there, and create a macro for every one, as @LucioV suggested. If you need it only once, you can do in a faster way:

Tag a person (it doesn't matter who) then copy the link of the profile you want to tag (with the search function you can find the link of all the connect users).

Than, ( in html mode) replace the profile of the tagged person with the one that you want to tag

Connect Moderator

Hola @PushpendraKhadka, la respuesta que dio @LucioV, es muy buena, lo mismo la sugerencia de @ErmesT,. Otra opción es a mitad de camino entre las anteriores, puedes tomar nota de todos los Id usted que te interesan y tenerlo a mano cuando lo necesitas.

Luego cuando agregas una persona que deseas mencionar, y te aparecen otras no importa, selecciona cualquiera de ellas, luego presiona en la solapa que dice html, allí veras todo el código del Post, busca la parte mencionada por Lucio y coloca el id que corresponde del id que aparece, reemplaza el nombre correcto también luego publicar y listo