HamidA's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

How long does it take to add a place

How long does it usually take to add a place and it appeare in google map and google search

Iran
17 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 8
Solution

Re: How long does it take to add a place

@HamidA,

It depends:

A.  If someone is "claiming" the new business (It means someone is adding the same place in Google MyBusiness as your addition), then it is unknown.

B.  If your trust level is high enough, it can got published automatically and almost immediately.

C.  If Map Maker is open for that area:

- If the addition needs Regional Lead review, it can take 1 week

- If the addition needs Google Reviewer's moderation, it can take 5 weeks

D.  It is unknown to me if Map Maker is not available in that area.

View solution in original post

Level 8
Solution

@HamidA,

It depends:

A.  If someone is "claiming" the new business (It means someone is adding the same place in Google MyBusiness as your addition), then it is unknown.

B.  If your trust level is high enough, it can got published automatically and almost immediately.

C.  If Map Maker is open for that area:

- If the addition needs Regional Lead review, it can take 1 week

- If the addition needs Google Reviewer's moderation, it can take 5 weeks

D.  It is unknown to me if Map Maker is not available in that area.

Level 6

Thank you @YK1001, google map maker is open in our country, but some how my edit and additon published immediately and sometimes it did not, and it need a Regional Lead review.

I was wondering is it possible to become a regional lead?

Level 8

@HamidA,

Of course, it is possible to become a RL.

Please see my post in this prior discussion.

Keep contribute to Maps, be active in the Product forums, one day, Google might contact you!

Level 5

Its depend on the local leaders, we know exactly the place but they don't, I don't know why they approve my added places when they are thousands miles away.

Level 5

Well, I still could not figure out how that really works. Two weeks ago I added several places on a campsite in Croatia (restaurants, ATM, bakery etc.). Some places were added instantly, some places were added after some hours, some places are still not confirmed by Google. One added location was automatically merged with an already existing location (500 m away), which was completely wrong, so I deleted my edit. 

Level 8

Many places are approved automatically by Google’s software. Those who don’t, will wait for human approval, which may take from a couple of days to a couple of months. This is my experience.

Reporting places as duplicates is another story: it may take forever until reports are examined and approved or declined.

Level 1

Some places are said to be published but don't really appear on the map.

Level 8

If you received a message that a place was approved and published, but you can’t see it on the map, then wait for a few hours or one day and check again. It will be there.

Level 8

It can take a long time, especially if they do not like the name of your business, I've had businesses deleted, renamed, etc. because they think they have the right. If you have this problem, the best thing to do is to have your attorney send a letter to Google Maps. They will then change it and it cannot be edited again.