cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Re: How long does it take to add a place

Hello @ColJordanP,

We like all business names, as long as they follow our mapping guidelines. 😃

Whenever we change something in your contributions, it means that we are changing something to comply with all other POI (Points of Interest) in your area. If you want, you can take a look in the Map Maker Help Center where they have an article on Names and Business you can't add to the map

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages.
Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.
Level 8

@GusMoreira Well, I was just told you cannot use Suites, Units, etc. The UPS Store (all of them) need to be deleted them. You see, my problem is the double standard.

https://mapmaker.google.com/mapmaker?gw=39&fid=0x8842fc35454091ed:0x3bf92203bf86c9b1 Please note the "Unit 1" in the address.

My attorney sent the letter overnight to Google Maps.

This is 630 Big Hill Avenue - Ste 4, Units 1 and 2. Two (2) separate businesses and owners occupy it. If "FedEx" is a service, then so is "Holiday Inn."  My attorney found a lot of illegal and inconsistent policies which cost businesses revenue which Google can be made responsible for. I am a Doctor of Jurisprudence myself.

Also, you have two (2) Level 5's who have deleted by business categories and abusing their powers @GusMoreira. @Flash is a bully and so is the other one. They just conspired together to ruin my business: https://mapmaker.google.com/mapmaker?gw=55&editids=0v_WHeetF8L5NFOPcq

Impact Global is just another DBA of Bowling, Mason, & Palmer, PLLC.

So, here it is with the new signage installed today, I also added to entire image to Google Maps along with many others. @Flash

14915204_10207511091601590_5210076677166823865_n.jpg

Level 7

Hi!

I have added a couple of new places to Google Maps and in my profile I can see that they´ve been accepted. However, when trying to see them on Maps, they dont show up.

Has anybody had the same experience? How long did it take for you to see them?

Level 8

Hi @DaniRo,

If you just look, they might never show up.

You have to search by name to make sure they will come up in the result.

Level 7

Hi @YK1001,

I've already done that, but nothing comes out 🙂

anyway, thanks for your reply

Level 8

Can you post the name and address of that place, so that we can have a look?

Level 7

Hi,

One of the places that I added was:

Bird. Botero Sculpture. 

I think this contribution has already been added. So in the end it might be that for some places it takes longer than for others to be updated.

Level 9

In my experience, the newly added place gets approved within a day. 

Approval involves different steps:

1) The checks by a Google Moderator with satellite images, street views and other tools.

2) Asking users near by for confirmation

3) A quality check by Google team

May be this answer in Quora helps you better

https://www.quora.com/How-does-the-review-process-work-on-Google-Map-Maker

Hope this helps