SolomonDegife's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

How i became local guide

I like to walk and see places. But now I make sure i see new places thanks to my first day of membership to local guide. I became local guide like a year ago I have seen a lot of places because of inspiration to see new place and to share it to the world who want help of finding it through the google maps. The one thing local guide helped me and gives me energy is that its freshness it makes you travel or you became a traveler. I love riding a bike i travel with my bike too to places i have never been and routes i never used to go to a location because of my responsibility to myself as a local guide. I do it as a hobby. google maps contributions.JPG 

North Bergen, NJ, United States
9 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: How i became local guide

@SolomonDegife hi

What a Nice experience share...  

Yes this is my Best hobby too..

Happy Mapping 

Happy Guiding 

Level 9

Люблю путешествовать,интересно видеть красивые места, разные города , делать фотки...

А также хочется... по возможности делится своим собственным опытом , информацией:

Которую я получил во время поездок ...

Я очень рад, что я с Вами Местные Гиды

Level 8

It is great to read stories like yours, @SolomonDegife!

What an impressive Contribution Map.  Can you share how did you create that map?

Thank you very much for making Maps better for everyone!

Former Google Contributor

@SolomonDegife Thank you so much for sharing this with us! Its Local Guides like you who inspire us to keep making Google Maps and the Local Guides program even better. Thank you!!

Level 8

What i did was save the places that i already visited took a picture and reviewed and I came up with this kind of map. The saving helps me not to review a place again or take a picture of a place. That is how i came up with this kind of map. Thanks for asking. @YK1001

Level 8

I remember being in a restaurant, and my phone just started asking me questions about the place. Then it suggested I leave a review. I had always just checked TripAdvisor before or left review there. I am now a dedicated Local Guide - It's almost like a game, but better than Pokemon Go because you earn an actual reward. As someone that also releys on reviews before dining, shopping, and lodging - I feel it's my duty to let other know what to expect before trying out a new place. 

I noticed you're in the North NJ area. I started as a Local Guide in Bayonne NJ - I just recently moved up to Stowe VT. 

Excited for level 5, but I am a ways away! 

Level 1

The same thing happened to me. Whenever I ate somewhere, my phone would know where I was and ask for a review and I'm like OMG how does my phone know where I am right now? I am so amazed at technology today because I am so old school, lol.

Level 8

@Dante802 First I say you why you moved because I would be happy if you stayed in Bayonne New Jersey so that I find one local guide in my local area as I live in North Bergen New Jersey.

But It is alright I hope i would find other local guides like me who wanna make meet ups. And about reaching level five you will do it.  
Go on walk around see new Places take your spare time to enjoy your self while seeing new places. It is that simple.

Level 8

@LynneP Sometimes it is good to be old school. All the review and Questions that came up on your phone every time you travel places is because of the location is turned on. If you do not wanna get all the crappy things or annoying notifications you should turn off the location.

But I see you are local guide and you are on level 1 you probably wanna get to level 5 while enjoying life as every body on this community of local guides is doing.