Sandra1961's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Re: How do I share a post from Connect to FB group instead of posting it on my profile?

Wait for my reply @Sandra1961.

@NareshDarji dear earth icon is only for changing your privacy from public to only me or for someone special. 

I will share all details very soon. 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 9
Solution

Re: How do I share a post from Connect to FB group instead of posting it on my profile?

Hello there, 

The function about what you are referring is only available on www.facebook.com means on desktop, not on m.facebook.com means cell phone website. 

Let me explain, 

Click on share button as @NareshDarji mentioned then click on fb icon, 

If you are in cell phone then view desktop website and the option will be available.

For all details check out the video link mention below. 

https://youtu.be/LBjznOMQhVw

In PC you easily can share at different page or groups but in cell phone it is not possible. 

SampsonF let me know if there is anything else we can do. Any reply will be highly appreciated. 

@Sandra1961

Best Regards 

Level 8

Hi @deepakjhic,

It has been a long time since my last logon to FB, so ....

Using Desktop Chrome:

1.  From Connect, click Share on the post you want

2.  Select FaceBook

3.  At the Upper Left Corner, choose the Target Location for the sharing.

- I assume the Community is created as a FB Page.  So Choose a FB Page I managed

4.  Then Share. 

Hope it helps!

Level 9

Hey @YK1001 

I recommend you to check out the video link mention by me in my last reply. 

@Sandra1961

I know you are not new to connect but it seems you don't know many things about this forum. Allow me to share more details. 

Tips for getting started:

This section of the site has some good tips on how to use the community and interact with your fellow Local Guides. 

• Search the community before posting as others may have asked your question (and received an answer) already. 
  • Use a descriptive title for your post to make it easier for people to know whether they should open it. 
  • Use the Location field to geotag your post to a specific place, but make sure its important to the content of the post.  
  • Don't share personal information on the forum, check out the private messaging option instead. 
  • This area has helpful more information about the Local Guides program in case you have more questions. 
  • By following this link you can find local guides near you.
  • When someone solve your problem or you find someone's reply helpful mark it as solution, so that others can find it useful. 

Hope to see you around.

Level 8

Hi @deepakjhic,

I must overlook the "on mobile" / "NOT on mobile" part.

I am sorry for the confusions caused!

Level 8

Will try and let you know the result as I hardly use desktop lately. Thanks @deepakjhic

Bali Local Guides contribute to give back to the community.
Level 8

Hi @Sandra1961.. You need to wait till the page loads, when you click share in fb..

Click the upper lest corner drop down button..Click the upper lest corner drop down button..

It will then show this categories, in this select 'Your Page'It will then show this categories, in this select 'Your Page'

Then select the fb page which you created, and finally click post to share..Then select the fb page which you created, and finally click post to share..

I hope it helps.. 🙂

Vellore Local Guides
Level 8

Thanks @deepakjhic. But I can share other articles to FB group if it's from other .com though, including meet up from maps.google.com. The problem is sharing from this forum, localguidesconnect.com. I can't share the recap from a meet up. That's why I asked.

Level 8

Thanks @YK1001. I'll try to do it from a desktop then. 

Level 8

Hi @Sandra1961,

I just share your reply here.

https://www.facebook.com/alclg/

Seems working fine for me.