4WheelPartsC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: How do I get all the points associated with my efforts?

Hi @4WheelPartsC,

I personally managed one business in GMB.  Here is my observations:

1.  When I use my personal account (which is also my LG account) to create a new business in GMB, as you already notice, a new "Profile Account" for that business is created.  Say this is called Busy

2.  When I need to manage the business, I need to switch to the Busy account, then I can add photos via GMB Dashboard.

3.  When I cross check my personal account (the Master account in your case), those new photos are not listed under "My Contributions".  As a result, they are not MY contributions, thus NO points for me.

Level 9
Level 9

@JosephD wrote:

You can always add personal snapshots of your businesses and write reviews and answer questions. But, as everyone else pointed out, this is risky, because eventually, some moderator is eventually going to link you back to working at your business, and they could take down all those photos and reviews.

You are openly advising people to write reviews of their own business! Not only is it clearly against the rules, it's very obviously against the spirit of the LG program which is about volunteers providing honest, unbiased reviews. The credibility and trust placed in Google Maps will be corroded by such advice. 

Level 10

@JosephD wrote:

Wow, no actual answers to your question so far, just lectures about breaking the terms and conditions.

Well, Joe, I was not trying to lecture but give advice. Both on how to act in compliance with the program rules as well as what OP should/could do to make his life easier when managing those properties in GMB. And most of the others seem to have been "criticising" in order to kepp the program clean IMO. After all, although we have not heard of examples (yet), I can imagine that LG's can even be banned from the program if they repeatedly and deliberately break the rules.

Level 10

@TraciC

Thank you for your explanation. I think that it should be better described in the rules of LG program.

Regards,

Jacek

Google Diamond Product Expert - Maps, Business Profile, Earth, Gmail, Accounts | Street View Trusted Photographer | Local Guide | retired: Map Maker Help Forum Top Contributor & Poland RER/RL
Googler

To clarify two additional points:

1) Local Guides will be removed from the program if they are violating the program rules.

2) There is no way to transfer Local Guides contributions or points from one account to another. If someone would like to have photos or reviews associated with a different account, they would have to individually save those contributions, delete them from the original account and then re-upload them to the desired account. No photo views (if applicable) would be carried. over. 

Thanks, all. 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 9
Level 9

@TraciC wrote:

1) Local Guides will be removed from the program if they are violating the program rules

Hi @TraciC there are LGs on this forum who are openly violating the program rules and they haven't been removed

Googler

Hi @Pea. If there's someone you believe is violating the program rules, please send the information to one of the Google Moderators  privately (do not share their information publicly) and we'll take a look. Thanks. 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 9
Level 9

Should one expect a reply from the Moderator to acknowledge receipt of the private email? I don't mean anything specific regarding the process or decision, that is entirely a matter for Google and naturally confidential. I just mean a confirmation email to say 'Thanks, we will look into this'

Level 8

@TraciC wrote:

@JacekNK We mean that you shouldn't review businesses where you have a conflict of interest due to your own commercial interests. If you are a Street View Photographer, you shouldn't be selling your Local Guides reviews as a joint service with your images. 

@TraciC thanks for the classification, its just commom sense but I'm guessing a common sense isn't common enough 😀

I personally haven't taken on professional work but am looking into it (360 photos) and hoped the only think that I couldn't do for payment was write reviews as its a clear conflict of interest. Maybe in the future professional people could have a different sort of account that doesn't allow reviews but everthing else?

Level 10

@JosephD wrote:

Wow, no actual answers to your question so far, just lectures about breaking the terms and conditions.

This is not true.

Almost all the replies address the initial issue: he want the photos he upload FOR BUSINESS as a MANAGER, count for Local Guide program.

He can't, this is the short answer 😉