ArHaneen's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

How do I cancel a request shown in the edits tab of google maps app interface?

I've made an edit for a place for which I received an approval. Again next to the APPROVED text it's showing PENDING.

India
20 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 10
Solution

Re: How do I cancel a request shown in the edits tab of google maps app interface?

Hi @ArHaneen i think the only way is to enter Google Map Maker and remove the edit request here, under "My Activities" section.

View solution in original post

Level 8

Re: How do I cancel a request shown in the edits tab of google maps app interface?

Hi @ArHaneen,

Can you share a screenshot with us?

Level 6

Screenshot_20160918-161847.jpg

Thanks for the prompt reply. This is the issue.

@YK1001 wrote:

Hi @ArHaneen,

Can you share a screenshot with us?

Level 10
Solution

Hi @ArHaneen i think the only way is to enter Google Map Maker and remove the edit request here, under "My Activities" section.

Level 8

Hi @ArHaneen,

When an edit involved multiple data, some can be approved while some can got denied or need further review.  (Partial Approval).

This can happen to edits of Places.

Level 8

you've hit a good point: we cannot cancel our requests via Maps interface (yet). if you've sent more than one update request, the others will be marked as "pending" even in case that you cancel(ed) the request via MapMaker (to-do bug for Google).

Level 6

I haven't made any multiple attempts. I will see with the map editor. 

Thanks

@TomášJ wrote:

you've hit a good point: we cannot cancel our requests via Maps interface (yet). if you've sent more than one update request, the others will be marked as "pending" even in case that you cancel(ed) the request via MapMaker (to-do bug for Google).

Level 8

hello SampsonF, not so really: partial approval is also counted as successful, but likely you meant this: the mapper (LG) didn't use the basic form (multiple items) for fixing data (or updating), rather changed the info via "Search" (partial) or via partial forms in Maps (please, do not use this mode for multiple changes).

Level 6

I can see it in 'In Review' tab

@LucioV wrote:

and there is an option to 'undo' it. I hope i it won't undo the already approved name.

Level 8

@HaneenP wrote:

and there is an option to 'undo' it. I hope i it won't undo the already approved name.

nope. only those changes will be undone which are still within the pending status.