StevenR's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

How do I become the Google Guide Moderator for London, Ontario Canada??

How do I become my area/Cities moderator on for Google Guides ... I love my city and thus would like to become the moderator for London, Ontario.  I would appreciate anyones inputs on hpow I would go about doing this ... to become a Group Moderator would be a dream ...

London, ON, Canada
17 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: How do I become the Google Guide Moderator for London, Ontario Canada??

Hey @StevenR, what you can do is to create an online community for London, Ontario Local Guides, then once your community is fairly active, you can apply for moderator training to have your community officially supported by Google. For more details you can read from the following post:

https://support.google.com/local-guides/answer/6273834

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator
Solution

Hey @StevenR, what you can do is to create an online community for London, Ontario Local Guides, then once your community is fairly active, you can apply for moderator training to have your community officially supported by Google. For more details you can read from the following post:

https://support.google.com/local-guides/answer/6273834

Level 9

I appreciate your time responding to my enquiry.  The liked article has it all in there ... Thank you Ivan

Thanks,

Connect Moderator

@StevenR Glad I could help 🙂

Level 8

I am new to local guides community's. So I am not sure how to search for this but did you start a community for London ont?

Level 8

Ivan 

How can I search for community's near me.

I live in London too but don't want to start one of there are already ones in control. Isls this all thru google plus. I am new to this side of local guides and I am very confused

Level 5

Hi @Jasonofthefifth to draw Ivan attention ,or any one, use the symbol @ a list of name  or names will appear then choose this will give an alert that someone has mentioned him.

Connect Moderator

Hey @Jasonofthefifth, you can check the existing communities here:

https://www.google.com/local/guides/community-and-events/index.html#map

I look at the maps and I don't believe there's one for London, Ontario yet. There's one for Kitchener-Waterloo, Toronto, and Niagara Falls.

Level 8

@iyudhi thanks you for the reply! I will consider making one then I think London is large enough and separated from those other cities to have its own. 

now next question is it basically a google+ community that gets promoted, I was reading over the rules.

thanks a lot for your time!

Level 8

@StevenR Are you interested in making this London local guides community? I would like to as well, its all new to me so I feel I should not try to do it alone but as I said before London is large enough and far away from the other communities.

I want to try and make this happen would you like to team up? one of us take point? an any other suggestions?

thanks