GiuseppeCCC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

How do I add a square to Google MapMaker?

It seems that it is no longer possible to add these geographic features (in the italian version of MapMaker).

9 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 8
Solution

Re: How do I add a square to Google MapMaker?

Hi @GiuseppeCCC,

If you mean to mark an area by Polygon shape, then no, it is not available.

What can be done is add a place, select the Category as Square.  In Taiwan, English interface, "Town Square" is there in the Categories.

Sampson

View solution in original post

Level 8
Solution

Hi @GiuseppeCCC,

If you mean to mark an area by Polygon shape, then no, it is not available.

What can be done is add a place, select the Category as Square.  In Taiwan, English interface, "Town Square" is there in the Categories.

Sampson

Level 8

Thanks for the reply.

I mean just the ability to add polygons and not points.

Until recently it was possible. Too bad not having this feature.
In the Italian version of MapMaker there is not the category "Piazza" (in english "Square"), but only "Strada" (in english "Road").

Level 8

From this announcement regarding the re-open of Mapmaker in Aug 2015, the Polygon editing is not re-enabled.

I encourage you to post a question in the Mapmaker forum, on what category should be choosen for "square" in Italy.

Level 8

Since MapMaker is being retired and edits in my area haven't been reviewed by a RL in more than a year i'm stuck with Maps.

It has no way to add a square or a park or anything like that.

What can i do?

Level 10

@LStefanoL

Send a Feedback through the Google Maps with full, proper and realiable information with realiable sources about your requested change on maps.

Regards,

Jacek

Google Diamond Product Expert - Maps, Business Profile, Earth, Gmail, Accounts | Street View Trusted Photographer | Local Guide | retired: Map Maker Help Forum Top Contributor & Poland RER/RL
Level 8

You mean feedback about the missing feature or feedback like "add square X at location Y"?
In the second case, how do i pinpoint location Y?

Leaving aside the fact that a square is not a point...

Level 10

@LStefanoL

Of course. Find "your" area in main window and send a feedback.

How to find coordinates:

https://support.google.com/maps/answer/18539

It doesn't matter that it's not a point if you send proper source, for example print screen of the map or/and map drawed by you on MyMaps or image on GDrive, Google employees are able to add polygons.

Regards,

Jacek

@StefanoL wrote:

You mean feedback about the missing feature or feedback like "add square X at location Y"?
In the second case, how do i pinpoint location Y?

Leaving aside the fact that a square is not a point...

Regards,

Jacek

Google Diamond Product Expert - Maps, Business Profile, Earth, Gmail, Accounts | Street View Trusted Photographer | Local Guide | retired: Map Maker Help Forum Top Contributor & Poland RER/RL
Level 4

Regarding the category, has this been removed since then? Because I cannot see any "Town Square" (or "Plaza") category to select from.. 

Level 7

No "square" of any sort available. It's kind of annoying that there is no definitive list anywhere of the available categories.