sirmagicmike's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

How do I add a place in several languages at the same time?

Hello,

I have just started adding new places to google maps and decided to give it a go with my hometown. The thing is, the city name is Mogilev and it is in Belarus. I have started with local police stations and A&E's just to discover that sometimes even a Russian name and the place itself accordingly does not exist. In some occasions, I edited existing places where it was allowed to add names in several languages. Now then, I want to add places in three languages at the same time: English, Belarussian and Russian. The country holds the latter two as official and constitutional by the way, nevertheless, it is vital to have at least emergency services locations translated into English as well.   Now then, how do I do it? How can I open an add a missing place window with three language name lines available akin to few existing places where such can be done?

2 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 10
Solution

Re: How do I add a place in several languages at the same time?

@sirmagicmike. At the moment you can not do it in Google Maps Android app. You can do it from Map Maker, but it will discontinue from March 2017.

View solution in original post

Level 10
Solution

@sirmagicmike. At the moment you can not do it in Google Maps Android app. You can do it from Map Maker, but it will discontinue from March 2017.

Level 2

@sirmagicmike wrote:

Hello,

I have just started adding new places to google maps and decided to give it a go with my hometown. The thing is, the city name is Mogilev and it is in Belarus. I have started with local police stations and A&E's just to discover that sometimes even a Russian name and the place itself accordingly does not exist. In some occasions, I edited existing places where it was allowed to add names in several languages. Now then, I want to add places in three languages at the same time: English, Belarussian and Russian. The country holds the latter two as official and constitutional by the way, nevertheless, it is vital to have at least emergency services locations translated into English as well.   Now then, how do I do it? How can I open an add a missing place window with three language name lines available akin to few existing places where such can be done?