TomiFinland's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

How I get Community moderator badge?

Hey to all!

I have this good problem, and it's about being community moderator and owner. I got promoted to only owner and moderator of FinlandLocalGuides-Community. And I'm second one Community that Finland have as a moderator too. So what should I do to get my badge? @TraciC

-TomiFinland
Finland
14 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 8
Solution

Re: How I get Community moderator badge?

Hi @TomiFinland, just to clarify things here. Supported unofficial community mean that the owner of that community has the support of Google Local Guides team.

as your community owner has left, your community is no longer has a supported moderator & it should be removed from supported list.

If you want to get support I believe you should ask the old owner to transfer the ownership to you & then reapply to get Local Guides team support.

for more information please read this post: Community Moderator 101

one more thing: Only one owner per community can have the support.

cc @TraciC

View solution in original post

Level 9

@TomiFinland look what @LucioV says: your community should met some basic parameters, the first is: at least 50 members.

Look at this thread for the whole story: https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Using-the-Forums/Community-Moderator-101/m-p/88618/thread-id/7...

Happy Mapping 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 8

Hey, @deepakjhic Our Community is Official and fills all parameters. Only change that now happened was that Community Owner quit as a Community Owner and goes to another Community as Owner. Earlier I was moderator, but now I get promoted to Community moderator and Owner. And my question was; How can I get Community moderator badge now?

-TomiFinland
Level 10

Hi @TomiFinland was the community supported by Google before? 

Level 8

Hi, @HelloSamsonR

Yes it was, and still of course is supported by Google. Last Community Owner has moderator badge,  so should I get it too?

-TomiFinland
Level 8
Solution

Hi @TomiFinland, just to clarify things here. Supported unofficial community mean that the owner of that community has the support of Google Local Guides team.

as your community owner has left, your community is no longer has a supported moderator & it should be removed from supported list.

If you want to get support I believe you should ask the old owner to transfer the ownership to you & then reapply to get Local Guides team support.

for more information please read this post: Community Moderator 101

one more thing: Only one owner per community can have the support.

cc @TraciC

Level 10

Hi @TomiFinland@khammami has answered your question already, that is your answer 🙂

Level 8

Hi again,

@HelloSamsonR I think that 's not right solution, because there is a question; What is address of your unofficial Community?

-TomiFinland
Level 8

@TomiFinland wrote:

Hi again,

@HelloSamsonR I think that 's not right solution, because there is a question; What is address of your unofficial Community?

The only official community for local Guides is this forum (Local Guides Connect) & all other communities are unnoficial and may have the support or not.

Here a My Map of all unofficial supported communities supported by the Google LG team.

Level 10

Hi @TomiFinland I saw Finland is already supported, I will still refer you to @khammami reply as that is the best answer for you, please follow the useful indication.