ricktakagi's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Help with several hundred duplicate images being uploaded!

Hi there,

I was wondering if there was someone I could get in touch with about a server mistake that was made when I was uploading some photos to local guides. 

I had uploaded some photos and they turned into several hundred duplicate photos. I did get a “server error, try again” message which must have had something to do with it. 

A sample that you could look up is at Bear Creek Country club in Woodinville WA. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have been trying to delete the photos one by one but it’s taking hours.

Rick

Kirkland, WA, United States
18 comments
Level 7

Re: Help with several hundred duplicate images being uploaded!

The same has happened with me, the photo suggestion feature in line with Google photos suggested me to share my photos. After I selected a few hundred photos and shared them it showed, 'Server error, try again.' and after checking my number of photos on Google maps it had gone from 100 to 1000. Kindly help Google Photos team, Google Maps team. 

Level 10

@ricktakagi @RaghvendraA Please read this article on Google Maps Help. It shows you how to remove your photos from Google Maps. If you have 1000 duplicates, it may be a time-consuming process. 

Level 7

Thank you for the help @AnuradhaP but as you mentioned my photos have been duplicated in the range of 1000's. This is what I was doing earlier but then it becomes tedious and time consuming. If any other method is there it would be a lot easier.

Level 10

@RaghvendraA Better to send a feedback to Google asking them to remove duplicates. @LucioV Do you have any solution to this issue?

Level 10

This also is affecting me, but with little numbers, so i always delete single photos from maps, when i have duplicates.

I think you can try looking into your Google Drive -> Photos and try delete from there: https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/photos

You should see disappear from maps too.

Level 7

@LucioV If I do so then my photo gets deleted from my Google photos too, and I don't want that to happen. 

Level 7

@AnuradhaP Tried that too but no response from Google and neither there is any verification that they have gone through my feed back. I think the best way would possibly to post a review on play store regarding this issue. 

Level 10

@RaghvendraA wrote:

@LucioV If I do so then my photo gets deleted from my Google photos too, and I don't want that to happen. 

I suppose we were talking about duplicates... so, why bother of this photos? 🙂

Level 7

Now this is pretty intense, a probable bug, there is only one copy of the image in my drive/photos but the same image is posted 7-8 times on maps.