Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

HELP needed! Re: Free Google Drive redeemed matter after within 30days

Dear fellow Google Local Guide friends and officer,

Good day to u all,

Re: Free Google Drive reredemed matter after within 30days

Hello, i would like to activate and enjoy the level 4 free google drive storage space, however i have missed it few month ago, i just read the help centre state that expire within 30day, im so sad didnt get to enjoy any benefit so far. Can u help to reactivate the free gdrive for me please?

im now still an active level 5 local guide with nearly 1000 point which is about 5times of 200point level 4. Look forward for your assistance.

Regards,

Jonny T. Guide
Active Level 5 local guide with nearly 1k point

Malaysia
10 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: HELP needed! Re: Free Google Drive redeemed matter after within 30days

@JonnyT hi...  

Thanks fir your Posting..  

At first I want to ssay u,  Plz remove your Personal information like as email oor Mobile number, Because Any personal info share is not allow at Connect..  for this u can use Private Massage option

Secondly, As far as i know, There is no any System to get back free Drive storage option if we miss This chance once....  

Me also miss this chance to redeem free drive.....

Level 5

Thank for your replied Mr Md ShafiulB,

Personal information removed as per requested, anyway the funny gdrive problem are yet slove, how come?

i didnt ask for 5x100gb evnthough have 5 time extra point of lvl4 200, but just the basic 100gb where i really need to use it now,

i didnt ask for any single benefit previously and consistently volunteery contribute alot onto google maps, what have they give to us the hardworking Local Guide? how come this very simple things google officer itself cannot help to honor?

Argg this is ridiculous this will really make people angry, Must be the our message stuck here didnt get to tier up to the right person offficer, who should we contact with in regard? Please SOS HELP!

Regards,

Jonny T. Guide

Connect Moderator

@JonnyT 

I have understand your problem .. 

Unfortunately u & me have the same problem ...

we r unlucky otherwise i say that as our own problem. because we r not aware that time when we reached at level 4, although  i knew about this validity time.

So i think there is no way to get back this offer .. 

u can see this answer by a Connect moderator on this post Redeem Drive storage space after 30 days?

Level 5

Thankyou for your kind replied again

However, Its not suppose to end like this, this unprefect bug setting like this should not exist, we should not be the unlucky 1, google should take initiative slove this problem and honor more benefit to be apply, if not many will complaint google local guide programme are not sincere and unethical use of free labor.

i really like this programme ideas, in conjuction of my related advantages of i post a uk tourism degrees and malaysia licensed tour guide, i have more places information to contribute on maps, which more than just hobby, I always think local guide really suit me, i commited alot of time and effort to contribute doenst care about benefit, level 5 with 1000 point! but now i just need to use the gdrive storage that entitle upfront mentioned, also fail, this is really SAD! What have google give us in return for our hardwork contribution? Its not sincere! Izzit still worth for us to continue take part of this Local Guide programme!

The connect moderator as u mention do not have the access right to reactivate it, then should further tier up to the person in charge to take further action, not only for the sake of local guide benefit, but take care of the google brand name, avoid these very bad experience in return to their trusted partner of local guide.

Should not let the problem stuck here, Is anyone can please provide the local guide officer email? gdrive officer email? Please bring this issue up!

Regards

Jonny

Lvl5 Local Guide with 1k point 

Connect Moderator

@JonnyT ..

If u want more information by a expert .... 

or If u want to make attention to Local guides teem Moderator , u can directly tag them as @TraciC @Corrie @iyudhi ....

Level 5

Thanks again for your replied,

Tried tag as u suggested, hope it slove as soon as possible!

Regard,

Jonny

Connect Moderator

Hi @JonnyT unfortunately since it's mentioned in the terms and conditions of benefit details, there's nothing much that can be done in this case 😞 The free drive benefit needs to be redeemed within 30 days after you reached level 4.

You can still enjoy other benefits as stated in the page below:

https://support.google.com/local-guides/answer/6281793

Hopefully this won't discourage you from keep contributing. Google keeps improving the Local Guides program based on feedback, so maybe you'll get another chance in the future!

Connect Moderator

Hi @JonnyT as the others have said there isn't any way to redeem the offer if you reached the points goal after the expiry time or did not respond to the emailed offer in time. You really need to put yourself in Google's shoes, it's not the storage cost that stops them, if they made one exception for you, they would then have to do it for everyone and it would be the ongoing nightmare of administering it for tens of thousands of local guides who did not comply with the rules that is the prohibitive cost.

If you need Google Drive storage desperately, 100GB is only AU$25 per year. The L4 gift only lasts for the year, if you want to keep using it after then you pay anyway. 

Most of us don't work at LG because we want rewards, although they're certainly a nice bonus. As a Level 5 LG you would likely be eligible to apply for the next summit should one be announced and having been last year I can say that is an amazing reward. Aim big my friend don't sweat the small stuff.

Regards

Paul

Level 5

Thank you so much for your encouragement Mr @PaulPavlinovich

Sorry for the mumbling post just now. Hmm... im 1st time new to this connect forum, previously i do not know anything other than upload picture with review routine. Seem like there is something more interesting to keep u all moving.

Actually what you means by most pf us don't work at LG? 

"Most of us don't work at LG because we want rewards, although they're certainly a nice bonus."

Want rewards? What kind of rewards is offer?

And as you mentiin that lvl5 LG eligible to apply for the coming summit, what is the summit interesting about? Where it will be held? Will it be costly for us to join? And also how can i be features on google LG social media? Etc

Look forward to know more,

Best regards,

Jonny