IvanF's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Google maps Sign in problems

Hi everyone,

some time ago my account froze on level 3 and my contribution points stopped. No matter how much reviews or pics or info I add the points are not moving up.

On my phone, I can still log and add photos but not from my computer. Whenever I trey adding or doing something from my computer I get asked to sign which is strange because I'm already signed in. 

Still, I do what is asked of me and try to sign in but I get the message that I can't sign in and that that option is not available on google maps.... ps. I get asked for my confirmation om my mobile device but even after confirming on my mobile 

the device I get the error showing up this option is not available  .....

Any pieces of advice? 

5 comments
Level 10

Re: Google maps Sign in problems

Hi @IvanF this is a well known issue, we talked about on Google Maps Support forum in Italy.

Will try to translate:

https://productforums.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!topic/maps-it/qz5vJi8S6P8

We found that some users are suddenly disconnected from their account.

We are conducting audits, but do not worry: there is' no indication that this is connected to any phishing or account security threat.

Try to re-sign in to accounts.google.com, and if you do not remember your password, click the link (g.co/recover) to retrieve your password.

If you use Check in 2 steps, they may have occurred delays in receiving your code via SMS. Try again or use backup codes.

Update, February 24, 15,00:

I can tell you that the temporary problem on access to the Google account has been resolved.

Unfortunately, some devices (including Android) requested a new password access to the Google Account.

We continue to monitor the account login and retrieval systems to facilitate a quick and safe recovery of the situation to normal.

To learn more about how to move in these cases, our Fantastic TC wrote an article about, on their site.

final communication on the issue Friday February 24

Sorry for making you wait during the analysis of the problem and we thank you for your patience. Here are the conclusions we reached and some instructions on how to deal with the problem in the event that continues to present itself.

What happened?

During a routine maintenance (held yesterday at midnight from 13:00 PT), a number of users have been disconnected from their Google Account. As a result, it is possible that you have been disconnected from your account, or who has received a notification of type "a change has been made to your Google Account" or "Action Required account."

We realize that what happened may have been interpreted as a potential phishing attack or other security problem. However, we assure you that this situation does not in any way put at risk the security of your account. Detailed information about the security tools provided by Google are always available at https://www.google.it/intl/it/safetycenter/

Level 6

Thanks for your reply LucioV,

the problem that I have is that I'm signed in on my account, but when I try to add some photos to some place that I did visit I get asked for a confirmation on my phone. After I confirm on my phone that I want to sign in the prompt disappear but the sign in on my computer is still standing there .... so I still can't add photos. For some reason, I don't receive any points anymore also  ... I'm stuck on level 3 with 74 points ... 

Is there something like a google tech support for this or is there no help .... ?

Level 10

Level 5

I have been unable to access my Google maps account on my Samsung phone.   It asks me to sign onto account but then says I already have that account and won't let me.  Help!

Level 6

Hi there,

Try when you open up your Google maps to click on settings (left top of your Google maps screen). There you have the option manage accounts. Just delete all the accounts. Restart the app and it will ask you to set up your new (old) account. 

Should be the simplest way to fix your issue.