DwayneM's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 1

Google Maps

How do i get google to stop showing my business as closed. 

I changed the map for my business to 50 yards up the road as it was showing images of the house next door and the house owner was giving off that his house was appearing for our business and customers were knocking his door at night (hard to believe I know). Since I did that google is showing my business as closed, still showing the image of the house and wont pull my business up if you put it into google maps. 

I have tried the edit buttons again at least 10 times and each one just shows under review...Been going on for the past month. 

Any one any ideas? I cant seem to get an email or contact number to get onto google to sort this. 

its at the stage now that previous customers are now ringing to see where we have moved to. 

Any Help appreciated. 

Grange, Sligo, Ireland
8 comments
Level 10

Re: Google Maps

Hi @DwayneM, can you share the link to your business on maps? There is a "Share" button where you can easily get it, copy it and paste it here.

Level 10

Hi @DwayneM first think i can suggest you is to claim your business through Google MyBusiness, to have complete control of it!

It's free and will help you mantain your business informations updated.

https://www.google.it/business/

Level 1

@petocsaba wrote:

Hi @DwayneM, can you share the link to your business on maps? There is a "Share" button where you can easily get it, copy it and paste it here.

https://www.google.ie/maps/place/North+West+Car+Dismantlers/@54.3714852,-8.5387265,15z/data=!4m5!3m4...

Level 1

@LucioV wrote:

Hi @DwayneM first think i can suggest you is to claim your business through Google MyBusiness, to have complete control of it!

It's free and will help you mantain your business informations updated.

https://www.google.it/business/

Yeah I done this just this morning..Take a few days to receive my pin to verify it. 

Level 10

Yes, I was also going to suggest claiming the business. Now to me, it seems that the marker is in the correct place (at least I can see a bunch of cars around on the lot). I checked the permanently closed setting to "No" so let's see what happens. The system has not aumatically accepted my edit so it's now pending (surely I am not there and such an edit may look suspicious). 

Anyway, indeed best practice is to claim your business. It has many advantages - among others that 3rd party edits do not get automatically accepted so easily.

Level 10

This will solve all of your problems! But you will have to flag inapropriate photos from users, anyway!

Level 1

That is great...Thanks for both your help. 

Hopefully with you flagging it, it may get them to sort it as I have flagged several times and no avail. 

the pointer is in the correct place but i just want the initial image changed from the house to keep the owner happy. 

Thanks Again

Level 8

Hi

a local guide in your area, the maps listing was in field between your premises & neighbors house to the east ( benbulben side ) & showing his gable end stroke back of house when viewing on maps, I have this now corrected & picked west end of shed behind house on your property & edit was approved on maps, please be aware this will take 24+ to show up live, hopefully this is your problem resolved Peadar

@DwayneM wrote:

Hopefully with you flagging it, it may get them to sort it as I have flagged several times and no avail. 

the pointer is in the correct place but i just want the initial image changed from the house to keep the owner happy. 

Thanks Again

@DwayneM wrote:

Thanks Again