IvanLondon's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Friends on LG Connect

Hey guys,

Could anyone please advise how the 'friends' functionality is working on LG Connect?

As I selected several LG Connect members as friends, but nothing seems to have happened since then? (i.e. I didn't get a message if they accepted it or I started to get notifications of their activities)

Thanks

6 comments
Level 8

Re: Friends on LG Connect

@IvanLondon, I think it's a work-in-progress. I've never figured out a way to see my friend list either. I've asked around also and we all have the issue. Right now it does nothing, and I have no idea if Google is working on making that feature do anything.

Map Maker TC and RL, Google Maps TC
Level 7

@DdDave Thanks Dave, agree this could be a very useful feature. For example if friends here are given several options to interact and stay updated:

- to get a notification for friends activities on LG Connect

- to be able to send a group private message to all friends (for instance if you posted  your best idea and asking for an opinion)

- to get a notification of friends birthdays 

- to get a notification of friends latest achievements such as reaching new levels, receiving new badges on LG Connnect

@Corrie @TraciC just to check if there are any updates on the 'friends' feature on LG Connect?

Many thanks 

Level 8

Hi @IvanLondon,

So far, I only find "Friends" are being mentioned in our Profile's Privacy settings.

I just added you as friend, and you should be able to see my email address, as I set it as visible to friends now.

Level 7

Hi @YK1001 great thanks, let me add you and @DdDave as friends too.

p.s. Congrats on winning the Challenge in style, incredible stuff!

Level 8

@YK1001, thanks for pointing that out, I didn't realize there were some privacy settings that related to friends.

@IvanLondon, I agree that it could be used more effectively. Even a simple page to see a list of your friends so you could jump to their profile and see their recent activity would be nice.

Map Maker TC and RL, Google Maps TC
Level 7

@YK1001 @DdDave Sounds like we are all on the same page and agree that there is a lot of potential for the 'friends' feature 🙂 Let's see if CorriedD and TraciC have an update