AndrewR's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Re: Free Drive Storage

If google remembered what made it great, it would conceed the gift permanent. Thanks for replying.

Level 7

Exactly 

@TusharRayate wrote:

Your files will stay saved in your Google Drive. If you don't have any more storage space, you won't be able to add more files unless you remove files or buy storage.

Level 7

Google using customers to give them more value - offering free candies and then you are bound to buy candies as you love its taste!!! 

Level 7

Well, my 1 year storage gift/benefit has expired as of today... Now what? Are there anymore perks worthwhile Google will offer for continued contributions on Google Maps?? Hmm... I always liked Google, but feel like they've downgraded the value of Google Local Guides. =(

Example: Newest "perk" was a DISCOUNTED subscription to Google Music (new subscribers only)... Before, it was free 100GB for 1 year on Google Drive(GD), and before that, it was free 1TB for 1 year. 

This makes me feel quite unvalued to be a part of this program. Degraded perks for degraded contributions??

Lana B.
Level 7

As Googles enticement to contribute turned out to be temporary and now my extra drive space has been removed then I considered my contributions to be temporary too
I was a level 7 with over 10,000 points, 1.700+ photos with over 2.4 million views
All reviews and photos have now been removed just like the drive space has been removed 😉

Wake up people
Google make huge sums of money from the information provided to them by it's users, even more so from active contributors, you get treated like some kind of charity worker or slave labourer and get nothing in return for the huge efforts you make.
The shareholders in the meantime are laughing all the way to the bank.
It's like some weird "tales from the dark side" version of "The Little Red Hen" where everyone volunteers and contributes but only one actually gets any benefit

Big corporations are now using a "Social awareness" strategy to get it's work force to behave like a communist society but to benefit a commercial enterprise (twisted or what ?)

Level 9

I do agree the drive storage should be permanent. Seriously, the amount of content we provide, coupled with the relatively low number of LG's. Hell, make it a level 5 perk...

Mine disappears in 3 months, may stop contributing after that. 

Level 7

Y DONDE PUEDO LEER TODAS LAS NORMATIVAS RESPECTO A MIS PREMIOS U OBSEQUIOS DE LOCAL GUIDES, QUIERO SABER LO QUE OBTENGO POR MI COLABORACIÓN.

Connect Moderator

Hi @ARIFOTOS13

You do not need to scream. 

Link to the Rules for participating in the program are linked in every page of Connect.

Please follow the links on the bottom of this page: https://maps.google.com/localguides/home

In addition, please visit the help desk 

Ermes 

Level 9

So I guess that's it... we contribute and try to make a "better map" and they behave like this... if storage space is the problem it could be permitted that only one photo for a review... this is a pity for all those new places added just to help all the travelers...

Connect Moderator
Solution

Hi @Georgeontour

While I am welcoming you in the community, I would like to invite you to spend some hours exploring here.

You will discover that photos and videos (not only your contributions to Google Maps) can be stored for free, (unlimited storage) in high quality. Please read: 

How to use your space in Google drive 

As this is one of your first post, please make sure to check out this post with tips on how to best participate and interact in this community.

Ermes