AndrewR's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 1

Free Drive Storage

What will happen to my files after my free drive storage gets expire ???

30 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Free Drive Storage

Hi @Georgeontour

While I am welcoming you in the community, I would like to invite you to spend some hours exploring here.

You will discover that photos and videos (not only your contributions to Google Maps) can be stored for free, (unlimited storage) in high quality. Please read: 

How to use your space in Google drive 

As this is one of your first post, please make sure to check out this post with tips on how to best participate and interact in this community.

Ermes

View solution in original post

Level 9

Your files will stay saved in your Google Drive. If you don't have any more storage space, you won't be able to add more files unless you remove files or buy storage.

Level 8

"you won't be able to add more files unless you remove files or buy storage"

Be careful, that also means that any Google App that shares Drive storage (currently Gmail and Photos) will be unable to receive new content until yo make some free space.

Level 9

Thaks for the information ,

Level 5

strange gift then...

Level 7

exhausted or expired? Is the additional drive memory granted for some term etc. for year or granted forever?

Level 8

@PetiofiI wrote:

exhausted or expired? Is the additional drive memory granted for some term etc. for year or granted forever?

Level 4 used to come with a gift of 1Tb for 2 years. Now they are giving away 100Gb for 1 year.

Storage can both get expired or exhausted.

Level 1

Интересно!

NiloV пише:

PetiofiI пише:

изчерпани или с изтекъл срок? Е отпусната допълнителна памет за някои дума и т.н. за година или отпуска завинаги?

Ниво 4 използва да дойде с подарък от 1TB за  2 години . Сега те са раздаването на 100GB за  милион години .

Съхранение може едновременно да получите изтекъл или изчерпани.

NiloV пише:

PetiofiI пише:

изчерпани или с изтекъл срок? Е отпусната допълнителна памет за някои дума и т.н. за година или отпуска завинаги?

Ниво 4 използва да дойде с подарък от 1TB за  2 години . Сега те са раздаването на 100GB за  милион години .

Съхранение може едновременно да получите изтекъл или изчерпани.

Level 4

I've contributed for a while, like most of us have. I was happy to reach level 4 to earn the Drive space only to then find out that it's only temporary. For this reason alone, I have stopped contributing altogether. 

Level 5

I have not seen anywhere that the Google Drive storage has a time limit until now. It's good to know at least.

What happens when the time limit is up? Do you have the ability to gain extra Google Drive storage once again? Your Local Guides level surely stays the same right? So maybe you cannot get the Drive storage back. Or maybe if you contribute the same amount and get points again?