SDatta's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

End of Map Making

I have a question Why google Map Maker program has been stopped ?

Plz make this thing clear has there any other program google wanna start?

If that so what are those or that ?

@AnoukV  @JessicaS @Corrie @TraciC

Naihati, West Bengal, India
2 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 10
Solution

Re: End of Map Making

Hi @SDatta, This is not end of mapping at all, Map Maker was an old system and couldn't being adapted with new generation of the web. It wasn't responsive and has many bugs. So we needs a new system of mapping. This is true that we still don't have some features but Google will bring more tools in Google Maps in next months continuously. So don't worry. We'll see more useful tools in Google Maps. Just wait and till that enjoy from the speedy and responsive map 🙂

Amir | Join us on IranLocalGuides

View solution in original post

Level 10
Solution

Hi @SDatta, This is not end of mapping at all, Map Maker was an old system and couldn't being adapted with new generation of the web. It wasn't responsive and has many bugs. So we needs a new system of mapping. This is true that we still don't have some features but Google will bring more tools in Google Maps in next months continuously. So don't worry. We'll see more useful tools in Google Maps. Just wait and till that enjoy from the speedy and responsive map 🙂

Amir | Join us on IranLocalGuides
Level 9

Thank you @Amiran ,

New thing  should come which is more secure .By the way I know some coding, and very much interested about web security.This year I applied GSoC also  . I will be very thankful if I wanna do something for map making. Waiting for new map maker 🙂