Mohanpupa's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Editing profile name

My name wrongly displayed in local guide page . Can anybody help me .how to correct it. Please ?
Coimbatore
12 comments
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Editing profile name

Your Connect name will be a shortened version of your Local Guide name https://www.google.co.uk/maps/contrib/100470778164253392793/photos/  which in turn is based on your Google name. It's not possible to have a custom profile name for Local Guides 

Level 10

@Mohanpupa

Your name is created automaticaly from the name of your Google account - your first name glued with first letter of your last name. So to change your LG Connect name you must to change your Google Account name. Remember that this change is possible only once for 90 days.

Regards,

Jacek

Google Diamond Product Expert - Maps, Business Profile, Earth, Gmail, Accounts | Street View Trusted Photographer | Local Guide | retired: Map Maker Help Forum Top Contributor & Poland RER/RL
Level 8

Hi @JacekNK,

Do you know if our existing LG name will be updated automatically follow the change of our Google Name?

Level 4

Корректировка названия

Скажите, пожалуйста, а как скорректировать название? 

Я увидела, что в него закралась опечатка, нужно поменять.

Можете помочь?

Заранее благодарю 🙂

Former Google Contributor

Re: Корректировка названия

Hi @MariaS,

I just moved your post into this thread as it covers a similar topic. Please check the conversation in the thread. I recommend you also to search the community before posting as others may have asked your question (and received an answer) already. 

This area has helpful information about the Local Guides program in case you have more questions.

Many thanks and have fun with Local Guides!

* Due to the volume of private messages please note that I do not reply to them
Level 10

@MariaBi, your "search the community" leads to nowhere (namely to a 404 "not found" page). But in reality, search in LGC is miserable anyway. I get better results using Google Search, honestly. 

Sorry for the negative tone but it's based on fact.

Level 4

@Csaba

Thank you, I've noticed it as well.

What am I supposed to do to correct the omission in the title? 😞

Hi @Csaba,

We are always working to improve Connect and we do appreciate the users' feedback. Thanks also for flagging the broken link. It brings to an article where there are tips on how to search the community which we feel is important to know for a person who just started in the forum:) .

Please @MariaS, check here for tips on how to search the community: https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Using-the-Forums/Tip-Search-the-Community/m-p/163#U163.

Many thanks.

Hi @MariaS,

If I understood correctly your question (I am reading your post in translation, so please forgive any misunderstanding), you are asking about changing your Connect profile name. Your Connect name will be a shortened version of your Local Guide name which in turn is based on your Google account profile name. It's not possible to have a custom profile name for Local Guides or correct it within the platform.  A solution will be to edit your Google account information. Learn more here: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/27442?hl=en.

Feel free to contact us again to clarify your question if needed or ask for help and support at any time.

Many thanks.