Shubhamay's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Editing 360 photos in street view app

How to blur a specific portion of a 360 photo , taken via street view app?

#LocalGuides #CoochBehar

#GoogleMap #360Photo #GoogleIndia #NorthBengal

Cooch Behar, West Bengal, India
12 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 10
Solution

Re: Editing 360 photos in street view app

@NareshDarji I think you might jump the gun a little bit? I read @Shubhamay wants to blur a portion of the 360 image he just produced?

@Shubhamay All you need to do is open your image in Private tab.. point to the area you want to blur.. then you will see the image below appear.. just click the tick. Unfortunately there is no way to change the size of the square you want to blur.. so you if the image is larger then you will have to press a few times.

There is not much documentation on Streetview App on Google Help page.. 

Screen Shot 2017-08-03 at 9.40.55 AM.png

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator

Hi @Shubhamay

Please read more here in this link

Blur or remove 360 photos

https://support.google.com/maps/answer/7011973

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 10
Solution

@NareshDarji I think you might jump the gun a little bit? I read @Shubhamay wants to blur a portion of the 360 image he just produced?

@Shubhamay All you need to do is open your image in Private tab.. point to the area you want to blur.. then you will see the image below appear.. just click the tick. Unfortunately there is no way to change the size of the square you want to blur.. so you if the image is larger then you will have to press a few times.

There is not much documentation on Streetview App on Google Help page.. 

Screen Shot 2017-08-03 at 9.40.55 AM.png

Level 8

Thnx @NareshDarji , bt i wnt to edit some portions ,, of a image

Level 8

Yea I got that @WetCoastCanuck , 

You know in street view app there is a feature to detect & blur faces, bt tht is not much up to the mark, 

Most times it is unable to detect faces....

Connect Moderator

Hi @Shubhamay I've read whole article but not find another way 

@Shubhamay wrote:

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 9

Hi @Shubhamay,

Easiest way is to tap on the part of the photo you want to blur and square will appear as @WetCoastCanuck, suggested. Since you cannot enlarge square's size, you can set multiple squares to blur wanted portion of the photo.

Best,

Johnny..

Level 10

@Shubhamay wrote:

You know in street view app there is a feature to detect & blur faces, bt tht is not much up to the mark, 

For best face detection you really need a camera system that takes stereographic photos. At this point in time only Google Tango does it and it is very much experimental.

Without 2 cameras sensing depth, most camera system have to rely on edge detection and skin tone and those things are hit and miss.

Level 9

@Shubhamay wrote:

@Shubhamay, detect and blur faces feature in the Street View App work great on my iOS device. Although it will catch only clearly visible faces, not unrecognizable ones.

Level 10

@NareshDarji wrote:

Hi @Shubhamay I've read whole article but not find another way 

@Shubhamay wrote:

Hi @Shubhamay The article you reference is for people wanting to blur their image AFTER it had been published. I think the OP wants to be able to blur while he is editing.

The info is replicated in the Streetview app help, I have linked it here for reference. Funny how just a few discrete html flags will change the text!