ScottS's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Re: Display Name

Hi,

I have the same request. Like many others, I started my contribution with my personal account and I earned points. Then I got more interested and I continue to write reviews and send photos. In the near future, I am planning to extend my job more professionally and finally become Google street trusted photographer under a more sweet name with a separated website which is related to our local guide activities. I don't want to create another Google account and start everything again and lose all my points! 

Where can I send this request? I couldn't find any related topic. 

Best,

Armin

Level 5

Likewise. I go to many of these places frequently. I won't leave below a 4 star review if not anonymous. Rarely even that. I go some places I wouldn't recommend but enjoy anyway. I can't reflect that without the owner or matre de knowing

@eArmin wrote:

Hi,

I have the same request. Like many others, I started my contribution with my personal account and I earned points. Then I got more interested and I continue to write reviews and send photos. In the near future, I am planning to extend my job more professionally and finally become Google street trusted photographer under a more sweet name with a separated website which is related to our local guide activities. I don't want to create another Google account and start everything again and lose all my points! 

Best,

Armin

@eArmin wrote:

Hi,

Best,

Armin

Level 2

Google really needs this ability to get honest reviews, like Beamer said I'm not going to go below 4 stars or be "properly critical" under my full real name if its a place near home, fine for holiday locations where I will not return for years (if ever) but PLEASE GOOGLE enable us to choose a display name for contributions !!

Level 5

I have the same issue as well. I would prefer using my initials or any other pseudo I prefer

Level 8

Hello @ScottS,

The name reflects in Google review is Google account name.

If you change it, it will reflect in your all Google portals like, Google map review, Google+, Youtube, Blogger.

There is no option to keep or reflect some nick name but you can change it 3 times in three months.

Regards,

AtulP
Level 3

I agree 100% there should be away to change it. With all the technology nowadays you would think that something this simple could be was my resolved!

Level 8

Thanks for chiming in.  I was given the name PatsyClark360 instead of my real name Patsy Clark.   How do I edit the fake name to my real name? 

Patsy Clark

Patsy Clark
Level 5

Names depend the IMAGE of a size, where we make it a music stick; to re play with our individual own vin: to get fulfill with the value of  360° with our DIGNITY! 20170808_113152D.jpg
Level 1

Actually although I have just registered I realize now that will not contribute as I did not want my whole name shown (my employer would not allow it and it would be professionally unwise). A shame as I would happily contribute. I understand that I could change it on my email but that I don't want to do. Seems strange that I can have a nickname on this forum but not on the reviews. 

Level 6

I would contribute more if this was fixed. Google can verify that it is a real person doing the reviews but give the opportunity to have a nickname and even a different profile picture if possible on Google Maps. This could be a great opportunity for Google to enhance the volunteers' privacy. 🙂