DiAnaUS's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Create a following for your local community

I want to know how to get more local guides in my area to be active?  I want to create a strong following for long Island, ny, our nickname is strong island for a reason😆 your advice is greatly appreciated! 

The city has plenty of activities. But NY is so much more than the city. If there are any guides in Long Island, or Queens let me known you're interested in forming a group. Long island during the summer time is home to great beaches like long Beach, Jones beach, Robert Moses beach, montauk, hamptons, etc. There are so many historical places/castles to venture. Plenty of food tours and pub crawls. 

Long Island, NY, United States
2 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Create a following for your local community

Hi @DiAnaUS 

Welcome to Local Guides Connect Forum and Thanks for your Posting on Connect....

To get more active Local Guides in your area you should Host some Meet ups or Hangouts .

You can invite your nearby friends to join with Local Guides.

Create Meet up events on your favorite Social platform and invite or share with your friends for join.

You can read this to know about New Community start or its Guideline   

You can Also join With New York Local Guides  For reach with active Local Guides.

Level 8

Re: Create a following for your local community

Hi @DiAnaUS,

Have you considered talking to the owner of the New York unofficial LG community? Perhaps you can collaborate and create a chapter for Long Island? The alternative is of course creating your own unofficial LG community for your area. Given the number of inhabitants and tourists, I think New York could probably afford to have more than one community associated with it.

Organising Meet-Ups is definitely a way to find fellow local guides, or turn friendly locals into LGs 😉

Best wishes,

Jeroen