waiyanhtet's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Cannot add photos via gallery app

I cannot add photos to Maps via Share button in Gallery app .I have tried with other android devices but it didn't work.

Device is Mi Max Android 7.0Screenshot_2017-10-21-09-30-08-357_com.UCMobile.intl.png

Myanmar (Burma)
5 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Cannot add photos via gallery app

This does work for me (Pixel Android 😎 and I've tested on an older phone running 4.2 as well. Your carrier may be blocking some functions.

You could try and clear the data and cache of both applications, reboot and try again. This sometimes help with this sort of issue.

Regards Paul

Level 10

Not work.

As much as I know, nobody get this features. The app itself has errors?

Connect Moderator

I've just tried it and it works.

Level 10

@waiyanhtet I have at least a few Android devices from different vendors and works for me, since when I started using Google Maps. This should not really be hardware related, as sharing is an Android OS feature. 

- If you go to your Gallery and share photos to another app, say for example Instagram or Facebook etc, does it work?

- What error are you seeing? Maybe  you can attach a screenshot.

- If as per Paul's suggestion after clearing cache, and if it still doesn't work, for the mean time, you probably need to go to Google Maps, and look for the location and then directly add the photos from within Google Maps, until you or someone else can help figure how to solve your issue for you.

Level 10

Yes I can share photos to any other apps like Facebook, Instagram, Snapseed etc except Maps.

Choosing Add to Maps via Share in Gallery app opens Maps app and it looks like usual opening Maps app. Nothing happens.

Now I am adding photos via Review , Uncover missing info and from Desktop.