غابةا's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Can I earn money from being a Local Guide ? Sure

Hi @Mra75 Local Guides is a volunteer based program, and your involvement is not considered as part of working for Google. There's a small subset of the program that will potentially allow you to earn money through the Trusted Photographer Program. You can learn about it from the following link:

https://www.google.com/streetview/earn/

Otherwise, if you're looking for an employment at Google, go to their career website and search for the positions that you're interested in.
https://careers.google.com/

Have a good day

Level 8

Re: Can I earn money from being a Local Guide ? Sure

Hello @Mra75 !

Welcome to Local Guides Connect. Being a local guide you can't earn money. Here are the things you can get being a Local Guides. 

As a Local Guide, you earn points for sharing reviews, photos, and knowledge on Google Maps. Those points lead to higher levels of the program, as well as benefits like early access to Google features and special perks from partners. At Level 4, you also unlock your first Local Guides badge, which helps your contributions to places get noticed.

More Info regarding points and levels.

Local Guides points

Earn points by contributing content to Google Maps. Score a place with ratings, describe your experience with reviews, share photographs and videos, provide insights with answers, respond to questions about a place, update information with place edits, add missing places, or verify information by checking facts.

Maps contribution Points earned

Review5 points per review
Rating1 point per rating
Photo5 points per photo
Video7 points per video
Answer1 point per answer
Respond to Q&As3 points per response
Edit5 points per edit
Place added15 points per place added
Fact checked1 point per fact checked

Local Guides levels

Reach higher levels as you earn points for your contributions.

Level Points

Level 10 points
Level 215 points
Level 375 points
Level 4250 points
Level 5500 points
Level 61,500 points
Level 75,000 points
Level 815,000 points
Level 950,000 points
Level 10100,000 points

Thanks, Niraj Bhusal

Level 9

Re: Salary for local guide

@JosephDewey  I really appreciate the people who take their time in doing edits,  adding new business...I use Google search,  maps, docs daily.  I don't pay for these great services.   I believe in passing it forward.   I also want people to get the best experience out my city.   

Level 10

Re: Salary for local guide

@Twister411 That's a good point about getting the best experience out of your city. Sometimes I clean up Google Maps so that I can remember business hours in the future, or how to get to a place that I like. It also helps tons of other people, too.

Level 8

Re: How to start earning from.local guide

@RayhanC

I have some more tip for earning from.local guide, You edit map, correct locations, add location.

Level 8

Straight answer, there is no income here, but if u are running some sort of related business you can promote ur business and when the time comes and someone check out a certain spot that you have reviewed, they will see ur comments or review, photos and videos and perhaps a link to ur business and that is how marketing or promotion is for your business.  

For example;

scene 1. I have a Photo Studio and im a photographer and do reviews everywhere i go and i posted a very amazing photo and someone like to invite me or hire me as a Photographer for their event then i make money.

scene 2. As a Vlogger, i post my raw footage video of the place i visited and if the person wants to see more other than just photos, they can go to my youtube channel (jeyzong101) and watch the video,  then i get some type of youtube income.

scene 3. Bloggers, this is pretty much the same as Scene 2 but only words and some photos in a website, or blog site, word press, blogger and so on.

There are different way you can make money from doing this. however, you cannot generate income from Google Maps/Local Guide. Unless you become a real Local Tour guide in ur city, but ur still not making money here but rather using it as a tool. If Google decided to pay us then no one will be working and everyone will be exploring the world and no one will serve us in a restaurant or building houses and ect, bcuz they wud rather go places and review all day.  If i am wrong pls correct me, i wud rather own my mistakes than deny it.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL (<REDACTED>) AND FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM (<REDACTED>) AND I WILL SHOW YOU HOW I DO MINE!!!

JASON DELAROSA
Level 10

When you get into it it becomes so much fun and you really start enjoying  reviewing the places, nothing else is gonna matter.  It is just so rewarding knowing that there are hundreds of thousands of people reading your reviews,

Level 9

The best way to contribute to helping others indirectly

Not to get money or something like this you are contributer to help people all around the world 

Former Google Contributor

Hello @SgtJasonDelaRosa,

I removed your personal social media accounts from your post as we don't advocate sharing personal information per LG terms and conditions. Thank you for your cooperation!

I am not available to respond on the weekend
Level 5

Earning Income through Local Guides.

We are named Local Guides and we are ranked with badges based on our work and efforts. It should not be only for just recognition as badges and also should earn for what the work we are doing with our interest.

If at all we can earn through this portal we can put some more efforts and using this in a better way..