SimoneM's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Business owner threatened me after review

@Pea Lol, you got me laughing continuously, your reply your was funny. Lol, like for real you sound like a comedian. Are you in by any chance related to comedy or you just have this practical nice sense of humour. 

Level 9
Level 9

@MariaB wrote:
 It sounds like you may referring to Google's previous name policy which required you to use your full name.

Hi @MariaBi, thanks for the reply but actually no I wasn't referring to the Google name policy, I understand we can change our Google name. I was referring to the idea of a custom name solely within Maps/Connect - in the way MapMaker allowed a custom name, while keeping our Google name intact. 

Level 9
Level 9

@SamsonR wrote:

@Pea Lol, you got me laughing continuously, your reply your was funny. Lol, like for real you sound like a comedian. Are you in by any chance related to comedy or you just have this practical nice sense of humour. 

Ha ha, well I do like a laugh and indeed who doesn't like bringing a smile to someone's face! 

Level 10

@Pea Lol, thanks you just brought a smile to my face tonight. Thanks 

@PhilipF wrote:

@SamsonR wrote:

Ha ha, well I do like a laugh and indeed who doesn't like bringing a smile to someone's face! 

Level 8

@SimoneM

After reading your initial post, I posted a message on the Google My Business community forum, as I was interested what TC/ experts of that community had to say about your topic.

The best advice I got (after weeks of silence) was that you should report your experience to your local fair trading business association. Personally, I would give them a call, tell your story and ask if there is anything they can do? At least once you have talked to them, they are aware of your case and once they get more reports on this business, they may take the desired legal steps, instead of you making yourself vulnerably.

There was another reply by a TC, which as far as I understood, was more along the lines of name and shame.

Read for yourself what he had to say at https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Spam-Policy/How-to-report-a-business-that-bullies-reviewer...

Cheers, Jeroen

Level 8

Level 10

Once the GMB people reach out to you and a resolution is made it would be great if you could share it back out. Would be curious to see the resolution. 

Level 4

This just happened to me! I was at a wedding, they saw my name in the review and put the pieces together. They told the bride to have me delete the review or her and her moms museum access would be revoked. It was a 3 star review. I'm happy to see that I'm not alone in this. The threats across the board are ridiculous and seriously make me rethink doing this.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This content has been removed.