123AmyCL's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Boost my points

Hello all Amy Clark in wonderful Florida. I welcome any suggestions too boost my points. I 💘 traveling my state and other states. I am always taking photos and sharing them on Google Maps and Facebook. Or just sharing them anyway I can. I have had the pleasure of some of my friends, asking for a print, of a particular photo.

Lakeland, FL, United States
7 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Boost my points

The best way to boost points is just to keep contributing @123AmyCL 🙂 Don't think too much of it, and just make it part of your daily routines. If you eat a restaurant, see if there's any information you can edit. Take some photos and upload them to Maps while waiting for the food to come out. When you pass a place that has the sign 'Grand Opening' there's a good chance it's a new place and doesn't exist yet on Maps. See if you can add the place. Once you're done eating and leave the place, usually you'll get prompted to answer questions. Answer those to get a point. Stuff like that 🙂

Level 8

More than 1/2 my points are from adding new places. Parks, paths, scenic lookouts, boat ramps - anything that isn't already on the maps.

Level 9
Level 9

@PaulO wrote:

anything that isn't already on the maps.

Are you sure these are all mappable, not everything that exists in the real world necessarily belongs on the base map? 

How have you added a path via maps, can you link to some of the places you added?

Level 9

Nice Answare @iyudhi.

Just do what you love @123AmyCL, help people every to find interest points, every day and you will see you point increase in a second. 

Enjoy you awesome day

Level 8

I did a SV 360 view down a path, the path existed but was way too narrow so I used a Gear360 in SV mode and did about 20 pics.The path had since and explanatory signs so it was easy to justify adding it.

Level 8

One way might be to have a look at some tourist sites, they don't always add the info to google Maps even if Maps is on their site. I suspect they simply use their own flags which aren't visible when not on their site. Obviously advertising pays for the site so they don't want to lose that stream. What I do is add my own flag to the map so when I'm in the area I have a target to add.

Level 9
Level 9

@PaulO wrote:

I did a SV 360 view down a path, the path existed

Was the path already mapped as a line feature or did you just add a string of photospheres to an area of the map where the unmapped path exists? Can you link so we can see?