TraciC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Answering accessibility questions on Google Maps

google puede incluir un logo de accesibilidad de discapacitados o personas con mobilidad reducida? google puede incluir un logo para lugares donde son amigables con personas gay lesbianas trans transgénero travestis intersex ?  ello también es cuestión de accsesibilidad

Level 5

Traci, where are these accessibility questions located?  Are they only for certain cities so far?  I would love to review accessibility for businesses in Chicago.  Also, any chance of adding a question about the accessibility of the bathrooms specifically?  There are often many establishments that would get "Yes" answers to the above questions, yet not have accessible bathrooms.  Lastly, will this accessibility data be available via the API for developer use?  Thank you.

Level 4

@TraciC thanks for that info. Can you please tell me if this feature is available in Greece? If not, when is it expected to be? Thanks in advance!

Googler

@marcelamara I recommend sharing Google Maps feedback directly in the app or on desktop, though feedback shared here on Connect under "Feedback and Feature Requests" is also shared with the Google Maps team.

@AudreyS The questions are asked when you are on the Google Maps listing for a place you have visited as shown in this video. You can also visit Your contributions in the Google Maps app to answer questions for places and the questions will pop-up for places where they are available, as shown in this video. I do not know if this information is available developer use nor can I speak to any future plans. 

@PanosK This feature is available worldwide. If you haven't already, make sure you have the latest version of Google Maps and give it a try. 🙂 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 5

Yes!  Thanks for starting this thread.  I would love it if there were a way to rate the accessibility of a park, building, business, etc.  

I'm hoping this will incentivize businesses to thing about this when planning/developing.

Hope to host an accessibility meet-up in Portland OR.

Pete Carpenter

Blog Twitter

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Traci,

Thank you,

Great Tips to answer  accessibility questions on Google Maps.

Goud

Level 2

This is a great start. Even better that could be reviewed by people in wheelchairs. Please add the question, are there accessible washrooms?

Level 3

I've been in a wheelchair for two years and I find accessibility to be a real problem in some places. Hopefully the information we provide will help others find places that will accommodate them.

@FAITHJ wrote:

This is a great start. Even better that could be reviewed by people in wheelchairs. Please add the question, are there accessible washrooms?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Traci,

Thanks for your valued information . Can you help me with few other Answering accessiblity questions on Google Maps.

Goud

Level 5

Hi Traci,

I have been answering many questions about establishments I visit, yet I have yet to see an accessibility question. I have the latest version of Google Maps on Android.  Can I manually answer them? 

Audrey