LiliaK's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

African transport

Common traffic movementCommon traffic movement

I stay in Africa . The transport system is regulated poorly . In most cases bus stops are not officially demarcated , and they are not equipped with signs or anything that may show that it is a station . Local mini bus drivers SHOUT the final destination to attract passengers. )) Thare are no bus or rout numbers!

Since I'm staying here I know some already . I want to help to add such public transport to the map because it is the cheapest way to travel the country. I just don't see at Google Maps how I can do that.

I tried ones to add bus stop. But Google moderator didn't accept it . He did it as the Point of view .

How do I add Public transport routs and their stops in Africa ? ))

4 comments
Level 10

Re: African transport

@LiliaK Welcome to Connect, pleased to meet you. Where in Africa are you talking about?

Level 6

Ghana , West Africa .

Some other African countries have even worse situation with the transport ... )

Level 10

@LiliaK Where you go in the world, always remember no place can be like your home+ you just have to adjust and adapt to the system. Africa is still undergoing development and definitely will improve over time. Just as Lagos, Nigeria has improved.

Level 2

The transport system in The Gambia is improving, there are 3 modes of transport Yellow Taxi, Green Taxi, and Mini Bus.  The Yellow Taxi caters for tourists and locals, be sure to say local when you enter so that you pay a local price, if you want to be dropped off in the exact destination they will add money to make it a tourist taxi ride.  The Green taxis are official tourist taxis, so are a little more expensive but can be safer as the drivers are a bit more cautious.  The mini buses run throughout the day and take you to different towns and areas for a very small price.  

The traffic on the roads in The Gambia is increasing rapidly, I believe there will need to be more traffic lights and roundabouts introduced in the near future. The roads from Brusubi to Banjul during morning and evening rush hour is very busy.  Kairaba Avenue, Westfield, Serrekunda, are some of the areas that are busy all throughout most days and evenings.