DanSchenker's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Adding photos directly from Google Photos

I love being able to submit photos to certain locations directly from Google photos! This takes a lot of the extra searching/research out of adding photos and makes contributing extra fast.

However, when I choose the option to do so, I'm only presented with the same few photos from my Google Photos. I can scroll to see more, but eventually it caps out and I'm not able to select any others.

Am I missing a way that allows me to add other/different photos directly from Google Photos/Google Drive? I don't have a preference to doing so from the web vs. the iOS app... I'd just love to be able to do it!

PS: I found this article about adding photos directly from Google Drive, which would technically work as long as you have your Google Photos folder enabled in Google Drive, but it didn't offer specifics about what I'm asking.

2 comments
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Adding photos directly from Google Photos

Same here. 5 photos and that's all. Places I have never been.

Level 10

Re: Adding photos directly from Google Photos

Hi @DanSchenker (and @EJM), 

I do it this way:

1. Take the photos and synch with my Google Photos
  2. Go through my photos and organise them into albums. This is important (e.g. album name "Chinese restaurant).
  3. Now, in maps, you can add photos by selecting "your photos" - and "inside" any album you wish.