BillyBullog's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Adding new places!

Hello together, 

overall I like to discover new places and found Google Maps a very helpful tool. 

Lately it seems to take forever until changes are made or new places are added. 

About 3 weeks ago I added a bank branch inside a shopping mall. Finally the branch was added but the opening hours are still not approved even though I added a picture. 

Is Google Maps going the same way Map Maker took, which will be terminated at the end of March? 

With all the tourists visiting Thailand one would think this country would have a much higher priority than it actually has. 

Finally it would be helpful if we could mark the right location in street view instead the satellite view. Everyone who has been to Asia knows how difficult it can be to identify the right spot by the roof we hardly ever see from the street.

Why would Google not ask locals on a much higher scale to verify picture, businesses, addresses, phone numbers etc.? 

Best regards and happy hunting for new & exciting places around town and the world. 

Cheers. Billy 

Asien
2 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 5
Solution

Re: Adding new places!

The recent delay in the approval of your submissions could be because of a couple of reasons. Due to the LG Summit 2017, there is likely a significant increase in map editing and submissions in that area, which might trigger some anti spam safeguards by google. Or, more likely, due to the increased activity, there aren't as many guides approving the edits. While some of the edits seem to get approved automatically, some are approved only after another guide confirms the change. 

You can try to edit the bank listing and adding the hours at a different time manually. It would likely get approved automatically. 

As for the second part of your post, adding a place in Street view/360 photosphere would be a bit tricky as far as my understand goes, because it isn't a 35 digital space that you see when viewing Street view/360 Photosphere, but just stitched panoramas. For a feature that enables addition of places within a Street View, would require accurate navigation with a 3d space with accurate distance information for that view. Google was reported to have used such data gathering, so it might get introduced in future. 

View solution in original post

Level 5
Solution

The recent delay in the approval of your submissions could be because of a couple of reasons. Due to the LG Summit 2017, there is likely a significant increase in map editing and submissions in that area, which might trigger some anti spam safeguards by google. Or, more likely, due to the increased activity, there aren't as many guides approving the edits. While some of the edits seem to get approved automatically, some are approved only after another guide confirms the change. 

You can try to edit the bank listing and adding the hours at a different time manually. It would likely get approved automatically. 

As for the second part of your post, adding a place in Street view/360 photosphere would be a bit tricky as far as my understand goes, because it isn't a 35 digital space that you see when viewing Street view/360 Photosphere, but just stitched panoramas. For a feature that enables addition of places within a Street View, would require accurate navigation with a 3d space with accurate distance information for that view. Google was reported to have used such data gathering, so it might get introduced in future. 

Level 8

Thank you very much for taking your time to look into the matter and for the comprehensive answers to my questions.

I am totally satisfied. 

Best regards 

Billy B.