CarlosW's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 2

Add photos in random places in google maps (no public position)

I'm a photographer (beginner) and I wish to share some of the landscapes. Most of the places do not have the red dot where I can easily post pictures. 

It it is posible to post in a "middle of nowhere" location?

1 comment
Former Google Contributor

Re: Add photos in random places in google maps (no public position)

Hello @CarlosW! I'm afraid Google Maps doesn't allow posting of photos to places that are not marked as a point of interest (POI). However, I believe our community members have a great deal of interest in your photos (I am, for sure!) and would love to see them! Please feel free to share them here on Connect, in the Share Your Photos and Discoveries board. This post contains tips about sharing photos in Connect that you may find useful.

I'd also recommend checking out the Photography board, seeing that you're a photographer. There you'll find discussions on equipment, techniques, etc. Does that interest you? 😄

As you are new here, check out this post for best practices when using Connect. Explore the many different boards to find out what other Local Guides are talking about at the moment. Jump into any conversations that interest you, and if there are none, start one. Have fun! 

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.