FelipeAlCubo's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Add in walking trail with panoramic pictures

Hello, I was told to check here and ask @backpacktraveling @Yohanad or @VicL1

I work in a new building that has yet to be added to Google maps. This building has a nice new open air and public walkway between streets so I asked for permission (just in case) and I made the trail for 44 panoramic pictures. I also asked and added the new local shops. One good reason to add it is I've seen many people confused because this walkway has yet to exist on Google maps or streetview.

Up until now I've only been able to add specific locations as places but I would like some help adding the trail as well as the panoramic pictures. I want to achieve Trusted by Google status eventually.

Is there a better and more technical guide for these processes?

Thanks

Antonio Varas 303, Providencia, Chile
3 comments
Level 6

Re: Add in walking trail with panoramic pictures

Hi @FelipeAlCubo!

What is the address of the building and trail you are sharing? It does take awhile for Google to update this. I recommend contacting them directly on Twitter to get things processed sooner.

Best,

Stephanie

Level 7

Hello @backpacktraveling

Thank you. Can you tell me which twitter account should I contact?

Are there any tecnical documents as to the Trusted by Google specifications for panoramic pictures? Since I want to be inline with the specifications.

The trail I'm adding goes around the building I work at. It opened up about 10 months ago, yet on some parts of google maps it still shows up as under construction. The building has the entrance in this small walking trail. Surrounding the ground level of the building there are at least 5 stores and 5 coffee shops that I've been uploading myself. People are still confused as it doesn't appear on google maps.

https://goo.gl/maps/1hzNAhjjWY82

Some google maps show it under construction, some as ready, some as non existant. As you can see I've uploaded the panoramics to the location I made before, I hoped to draw atention to the person in charge of making the trails but nothing happend. With this upload I've also gotten past the 50 upload so that is why I want to know more about the Trusted by Google program.

So... where to go.

Level 7

@backpacktraveling hello,

I tried contacting Google maps on Twitter but I've yet to receive reply. Is this the possible contact method? Because it seems really slow.

I've also been invited to a small historic town in northern Chile which has yet to appear on the google map as such an I'm interested in adding it. 

Thanks.