BrianM's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 1

Add a river-like label to a river on map

Hi community!

Everyone of us knows how rivers are showed on the map... Is it possibble to add the blue label on a riverbed which has only a pointer on it?

In the feedback/edit option i cannot find a way to convert to the broken line i need.

thanks everyone

Brian

2 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 10
Solution

Re: Add a river-like label to a river on map

Hi @BrianM

Rivers (and other bodies of water), administrative areas, parks, buildings etc. are vector based data and currently these are not editable in Maps at all. In MapMaker, only roads (streets, pathes...) are editable vector data - for the time being, but MapMaker will also retire in March. 

As for when vector editing will be available in Maps (where most of the MapMaker features are planned to be ported) is still unknown, as well as what sort of vectors will be available for edit. 

Short answer for your question therefore is: currently there is no way for you, as a user, to "add the blue label on a riverbed" I am afraid.

View solution in original post

Level 10
Solution

Hi @BrianM

Rivers (and other bodies of water), administrative areas, parks, buildings etc. are vector based data and currently these are not editable in Maps at all. In MapMaker, only roads (streets, pathes...) are editable vector data - for the time being, but MapMaker will also retire in March. 

As for when vector editing will be available in Maps (where most of the MapMaker features are planned to be ported) is still unknown, as well as what sort of vectors will be available for edit. 

Short answer for your question therefore is: currently there is no way for you, as a user, to "add the blue label on a riverbed" I am afraid.

Level 8

When I can add river lake etc to Google map