YanniY's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Writing Genuine and Useful Reviews on Google Maps

reviewing.jpg

Before visiting places such as restaurants, cafes, hotels or shops, reading reviews helps others make informed decisions and discover interesting tips. 

Regardless of the experience a person had, reviews share useful insights and information about places. Below are a few tips to write great reviews:

Keep it relevant.

Include only relevant information about a place so others can identify with your experience. Details such as when you visited, the order you placed or product you purchased, or the service you received  help share context about a place.  

Don’t get personal.

As reviews are written through personal experiences, there are times when an individual may be involved in a negative encounter. Naming individuals in reviews is not useful. Focus on the experience, not the person, to keep reviews useful and unbiased.  

Your review is your experience.

Remember that your view is a documentation of your experience even if it has not met your expectation; it may vary from what other people have experienced, so craft your feedback to make it constructive and useful.  

Share a balanced perspective.

After a negative experience, it can be tempting to focus on undesirable details. However, remember there are two sides to a coin. Placing yourself in the shoes of the person on the other side of the story can help make your reviews more balanced. Being understanding can also place you as a credible and honest reviewer. 

Write credibly and coherently.

A good review is one that is helpful to others  regardless of its nature. Ensuring that your view is written with proper language and punctuation, is not abusive, and is constructive and honest helps increase your credibility as a reviewer. 

Adhere to the Local Guides content policy.

Writing a review on Google Maps is a great way to share both positive and negative experiences. Follow the content policies when writing your reviews to help others discover the places that are right for them.

12 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: How to write genuine and useful reviews on Google Maps

Tell a story - that's how I usually approach it when writing reviews. Describe the experience so a reader knows exactly how it feels like to be there without being there 🙂

Former Google Contributor

Re: How to write genuine and useful reviews on Google Maps

great tip @iyudhi!

Level 7

Re: Writing genuine and useful reviews on Google Maps

Really interesting post especially after i see how much guides (including moderator community) gets more thousand point by commenting "ok", "good", "beautiful", etc...

Thank you for the post.

Level 9

how to review

Level 10

Re: how to review

hi @AT93

if you want to add review for any place, here are the steps for it.

Add a rating or review

1. Open Google Maps and make sure you're signed in.
  2. Search for a place.
  3. Click Write a review.
  4. In the window that appears, click the stars to score the place. If you want, you can also write a review.

Source : https://goo.gl/C5Hnpf

Thank You.

Happy Mapping & Keep Contributing 🙂

Add, Edit, Explore More ! || Google Maps Contributions || Gujju Local Guides on G+
Level 8

Re: Writing Genuine and Useful Reviews on Google Maps

Hi @YanniY

Excellent.

Cheers

Level 7

Great content. Thanks for sharing. I guess my reviews will be more productive and insightful.

Level 7

Yaa great and realistic review will be good for the other people to kboe that place very well

Level 10

Thanks @YanniY @@that is good and comprehensive tips. I will share on my community page.