Anonymous's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why ratings & reviews aren't separated with points?

I was wondering for a long time why is my rating number always 36. Here I discovered that it is due to policy - if u already wrote review about place and edit ratings, it doesn't count. That doesn't seem logical but all right. Important thing is that now I know the reason.

Serbia
4 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Why ratings & reviews aren't separated with points?

Hi @Anonymous

I cannot get your point @Anonymous

For every place you can add a rate only (1 point) or a rate plus a review (six points), with 5 extra points if your review is longer than 200 characters. 

You cannot add a review without a rating. 

The rating count in your profile show the number of places with rating only. When you add a review of a place where you already gave a rating, your rating count will be decreased by 1

Can you better explain your point? 

Thanks 

Ermes 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello. Thanks for answering.

"You cannot add a review without a rating" Is this for real? What does this even mean? Aren't reviews & ratings two separated things? 

I have ton of reviews and not so much ratingsScreenshot_20171225-180215.jpg

Here is my balance of reviews & ratings

Connect Moderator

Hi @Anonymous

It is explained on my previous reply 

The rating counter show you ONLY the rating that don't have a review. 

The place shows in the screenshots have a rating (five stars) and a review 

If you add a review to a place where you already gave a rating, you will see the reviews counter increase by 1

And the rating counter decrease by 1

If you add a review to every place where you already gave a rating, your rating counter will go to zero 

Ermes 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ooo, ok. Now I understand completely. Thanks for explaining. Now that does make sense it's just takes time to figure that out. Once again, thank you for explaining that. All the best