ErmesT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: Tips and tricks to manage the photos in Connect

Yes, that's correct @Giuseppe7980 

e.g. : The photo on the left is not linked to any post (duplicate), and can safely be deleted.

Giuseppe.JPG

As a double check you can click on the photo. When a photo is used in a post, you will find the link (or more than one, if you used the photo more than once) below the photo

Giuseppe2.JPG

Hope this can help you

Level 9

Hi @ErmesT 

Thanks for your fast reply.

Sorry But before I forget to ask below question.

If 1 photo id used twice I can remove 1 of the 2 picture and add the other in the post ?

Also this Is correct?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards,

Giuseppe

Connect Moderator

Of course @Giuseppe7980 

You can re-use your saved photos how many times you want.

Just choose "saved photo" as the source for the photo on your post

Saved_photos.JPG

Level 9

Hey @ErmesT  nice management technique . Thanks

Level 7

Ok???????

Former Google Contributor

Hello @Mr_sajadi,

Welcome to Connect, here you can communicate with fellow Local Guides, trade tips and ideas, and receive information from Googlers.

Since you are new, I suggest the following article where you can find important information about the forum: Your guide to Connect.

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 10

@ErmesT Thanks for your post. I tried to reply/comment in the place you suggested but couldn't see any where that I could comment on. Anyway, I've removed a photo from my post and I'm stuck on removing photo from the album. 
I clicked on the photo as suggested but there is no blue icon after clicking on the photo. Confused... 

Connect Moderator

Thanks @MariaNgo for your reply.

Many things as are changed, from August 2017, when I wrote this post.

The post was written in the "old Connect" and moved in the new one, while the Comment section was "not moved", so it is no longer possible to add a comment in there

Probably I will have to complete rewrite this post, or to create a new one.

You can reach your album in two ways:

1. From every single photo in your posts, by clicking on the link to the album
  2. From your profile in Connect, by clicking in "Photos >>> See more"

ermest_0-1637653490635.png

Even if you have less than 360 photos posted, some of them are not used. You can delete them safely.

If you need more help just let me know

Level 10

@@Thanks @ErmesT 

After I posted my query I had another look around and found the album. Now it's not easy to look in both posts and albums.. Yes all my photos are used in my posts unfortunately ... I am thinking of creating collages like I've been doing now since I discovered them. But I have to go through each post and find the right ones to make collages and delete individual photos -  very tedious and time consuming! 

Connect Moderator

Not really @MariaNgo 

You can delete some of them.

To find the unused photos you just need to move the mouse over the miniatures. If a small cloud appears, the photo is used, otherwise it can be safely deleted. I am showing here two "not used photo"

ermest_0-1637669124477.png

Also the two on bottom right are the same photo. You can delete use the same photo multiple times