ErmesT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Tips and tricks to manage the photos in Connect

Tips and tricks to manage the photos in Connect

Im writing this post by request, so thanks to @Anonymous to give this opportunity.

As you may know, in Connect every member can post a maximum of 1000 photos. It is a big number, but if you are a compulsive user of "Photos and discoveries" Board, (like I was) you can reach the limit in a very short time.

Here you will find some useful tips to save space, without renouncing to post.

• Choose the most significant photos: before posting, read the useful post from @LuisRG, pinned on the top of "Photos and discoveries" Board, from which i've estract: "If you want to share other photos, please add a link to an album on Google Photos or to any other place where you have these pictures stored, so we can all take a look." This is the most important point: too much photos in a single post means more time for the page to load, and less attention from the reader, especially if they are using a smartphone.
  • Two way to load photos

1) Uploading. Most of the photos in Connect are loaded, from a  Computer or a Phone. Every photo you load is stored in your personal album, increasing by 1 the count of your loaded photos

Nando1.JPG

This means that, if you load two or three times, in different posts, the same photo, the photo will be counted two or three times

Nando2.JPG

If you want to use the same photo more than one time, follow me in the next step

2) Load from your album. Once a photo is loaded, you can reuse it many times, directly from your album:

saved photo.JPG

When you click on "saved photos", you will find a page with the list of your album (yes, when loading photos, you can choose, or create, an album where to save it)

Album2.JPG

Now, with a click on the album, you will find your photos

Album.JPG

Easy, and in this way you will avoid to loose space.

Now, before you go to open your album, to delete all the duplicated photo, whait a minute, because a mistake is always possible.

Remember this:

• If you delete a photo from a post, the photo remain, unused, on your album
  • If you delete an used photo from the album, an horrible empty placeholder will remain in the post

Next time we will see how to remove/replace a photo in a safe way, and how to add a photo from a link

Please, Post your reply, comment or question HERE.

All the reply MADE IN THIS POST WILL BE MOVED IN THE NEW REPLY AREA

Thanks

38 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Tips and tricks to manage the photos in Connect

Removing Photos.

Removing photos is a simple operation, if you do in the correct way.

Let see how to proced with a simple example, creating a post that will be removed at the end of this test.

If you prefere a simple "step by step" procedure, please follow the link

test01.JPG

Then we add two photos

test02.JPG

and we save it into the post. All of you do this almost everyday 

test04.JPG

If we go to see our album, now we have two more photos:

test06.JPG

what happen if we remove one?

test07.JPG

the result in your post is this

test09.JPG

Not so nice.

For this reason, remember that a photo Must be removed both from your Album and from your post.

test10.JPG   test11.JPG

this is the final result

test12.JPG

Please, Post your reply, comment or question HERE.

All the reply MADE IN THIS POSTWILL BE MOVED IN THE NEW REPLY AREA

Thanks

Connect Moderator

Removing Photos - Step by Step.

Some member was coming a request for a "step by step" procedure, so here we are:

• First of all, locate the post in which are the photos you want to remove
  • click over the photo. Now the photo will opens in bigger size.
  • just under the photo, in the left side, there is your profile icons, than, in blue, a link to your album of photos. Right click on it to open the album in a new page
  • moves between the album pages, to find the photo you want to remove. When you find it, you will see that, passing with the mouse over the photo, in the top left corner will appear.
    • The first one is a X. Clicking on it, you will delete the photo.
    • The second one is a small cloud. Pressing on it, you will opens the post in which the photo is used. Right click on it, to open the related post in a new page.
  • If it is the right photo, delete it from the album clicking over the X
  • now reload the page of the post: you will see a placeholder where previously was the photo.
  • Edit your post, deleting the placeholder, and replacing it with a link to the album where the photo are loaded

Please, Post your reply, comment or question HERE.

All the reply MADE IN THIS POSTWILL BE MOVED IN THE NEW REPLY AREA

Thanks

Level 10

Dear Sir @ErmesT

Thanks for sending your previous solved posts.

But I have one more question.

When I want to upload photo from my connect album, I can see three folders in my album.

All Photos(142), Hidden (BM63)(82) and Public (BM63) (60)

How can I delete all hidden photos ?

Please help me.

BM63
Connect Moderator

Level 10

Dear @ErmesT sir

When I open my album in connect, it doesn't show hidden album.

But it can be seen only when I try to reply any post and want to add photo from my saved album, I can see that hidden album but I can't delete any photos from that.

Pl help for this problem.

BM63
Connect Moderator

Hi @BakulMehta here is your hidden album.

Now, just to make this reply helpful for everyone: How to reach your hidden album?

Please note that this operation should be executed with the site in "desktop mode"

Click on one of your photos. The photo will open and, in the lover part of the pop-up, you will have a thumbnail of your other photos (all your photos)

Click over a thumbnail

BM63_1.JPG

on the left side you will see in which album the selected photo is. Scroll the photos, untill you find a photo that is in the Hidden album

BM63_2.JPG

Now, click on the album link (the one that I have circled in red) to reach your hidden album

Ermes

Level 10

@ErmesT 

Thank you so much for helping so that I can delete the hidden album photos.

Thanks again Sir.

BM63
Level 10

@ErmesT

Thanks for guidence and helping.

I am success to delete all hidden photos.

BM63
Level 9

Hello @ErmesT,

I think this was a locked thread. 

Well these are really helpful instructions. Thank you very much for your valuable time.

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.