ErmesT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Re: Tips and tricks to manage the photos in Connect

Thanks a lot @ErmesT for nice information..................

Level 9

Duplicate photos need to be removed from Google Map. I support it also @ErmesT. But when I delete a single piece of photo my point will be reduced by 5 point.

Newton Pakhira
Connect Moderator

Yes I know but, what about if someone report you for duplicated photos @NewtonP?

The risk is to have both photos removed so...

We should be proud of our contributions, if we know that we loaded a duplicate photo by mistake, we will delete the duplicate.

Ermes 

Level 9

Absolutely @ErmesT  We need to deleted the duplicate photos carefully.

Newton Pakhira
Level 7

@NewtonP wrote:

@Lone_Warrior_IND if you delete photo from Google Map, your point will be decreased from contribution.

Level 10

@ErmesT Wonderful. Beautifully explained.  

@ErmesT wrote:

Tips and tricks to manage the photos in Connect

Im writing this post by request, so thanks to @Anonymous to give this opportunity.

As you may know, in Connect every member can post a maximum of 1000 photos. It is a big number, but if you are a compulsive user of "Photos and discoveries" Board, (like I was) you can reach the limit in a very short time.

Here you will find some useful tips to save space, without renouncing to post.

• Choose the most significant photos: before posting, read the useful post from @LuisRG, pinned on the top of "Photos and discoveries" Board, from whitch i've estract: "If you want to share other photos, please add a link to an album on Google Photos or to any other place where you have these pictures stored, so we can all take a look." This is the most important point: too much photos in a single post means more time for the page to load, and less attention from the reader, expecially if they are using a smartphone.
  • Three way to load photos

1) Uploading. Most of the photos in Connect are loaded, from a  Computer or a Phone. Every photo you load is stored in your personal album, increasing by 1 the count of your loaded photos

Nando1.JPG

This means that, if you load two or three times, in different posts, the same photo, the photo will be counted two or three times

Nando2.JPG

If you want to use the same photo more than one time, follow me in the next step

2) Load from your album. Once a photo is loaded, you can reuse it many times, directly from your album:

saved photo.JPG

When you click on "saved photos", you will find a page with the list of your album (yes, when loading photos, you can choose, or create, an album where to save it)

Album2.JPG

Now, with a click on the album, you will find your photos

Album.JPG

Easy, and in this way you will avoid to loose space.

Now, before you go to open your album, to delete all the duplicated photo, whait a minute, because a mistake is always possible.

Remember this:

• If you delete a photo from a post, the photo remain, unused, on your album
  • If you delete an used photo from the album, an horrible empty placeholder will remain in the post

Next time we will see how to remove/replace a photo in a safe way, and how to add a photo from a link

Please, Post your reply, comment or question HERE.

All the reply MADE IN THIS POSTWILL BE MOVED IN THE NEW REPLY AREA

Thanks

Level 6

Thanks for your tips ,,,

Level 9

Hello everyone one there's more than reason why is the photo removed either pad quality or duplicated LOOK TO THISMany reason and Google mapsMany reason and Google maps

Level 10

Dear @ErmesT Thanks for nice sharing 🙂

Mohammed Omar Faruque
Level 10

Hello Dear @ErmesT

Thank you very much for sharing important information.

Follow me here.....